And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Out of my own curiousness, are you independent or leaning left?
I've actually, very briefly, been registered as a republican in order to receive an absentee ballot. Long story with that. For a long time I used to believe there were those who lead, those who followed and those who just do their own thing. As I grew older, I learned that third group doesn't exist. In every aspect of our lives, we're either leading, following or blended shades of both. That last one is more often where I've found myself.

That's my very long winded way of saying that I considered myself an independent for years. So much so, that I didn't even want to call it a party designation because Independent is a more or less a party of its own. It took me until Obama to officially register for a party I believed in - Democrat. GW Bush had let us down so much and in so many ways that I felt I needed to choose a side. Now I feel that the DNC is abandoning good people and good ideas for stale rhetoric and rich donors. It's always had that, but it's gotten way out of hand. The republicans, however, are so much worse in my opinion. They're not an option for me due to the inherent prejudice in their official party platform.

So, right now I consider myself a moderately left leaning progressive. I hate labels, so that one is the best I can come up with. I also believe that every right and amendment comes with its own limits and that America has far too long allowed the 2nd Amendment to go unchecked. That, to me, is extremism. The right has extracted one Amendment to have more importance than the rest. it's odd.

Anyway, that's how I am. I voted for Bush 41 over Clinton. Abstained in the following election. Voted for Bush 43 following that (because I really didn't like Al Gore - bad mistake). I abstained in the following election because I didn't register in time (I will never do that again, but would have voted for Kerry). I supported Obama twice and supported Hillary Clinton in this last election. I'm upfront and honest about my record, much to the chagrin of partisan people on both sides of the isle. I think my record only appears to be schizophrenic to hyper partisan people. I think it shows conscience, balance and my striving to vote for issues over party. :smile: More than you wanted to know. Hehe.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I've actually, very briefly, been registered as a republican in order to receive an absentee ballot. Long story with that. For a long time I used to believe there were those who lead, those who followed and those who just do their own thing. As I grew older, I learned that third group doesn't exist. In every aspect of our lives, we're either leading, following or blended shades of both. That last one is more often where I've found myself.

That's my very long winded way of saying that I considered myself an independent for years. So much so, that I didn't even want to call it a party designation because Independent is a more or less a party of its own. It took me until Obama to officially register for a party I believed in - Democrat. GW Bush had let us down so much and in so many ways that I felt I needed to choose a side. Now I feel that the DNC is abandoning good people and good ideas for stale rhetoric and rich donors. It's always had that, but it's gotten way out of hand.

So, right now I consider myself a moderately left leaning progressive. I hate labels, so that one is the best I can come up with. I also believe that every right and amendment comes with its own limits and that America has far too long allowed the 2nd Amendment to go unchecked. That, to me, is extremism. The right has extracted one Amendment to have more importance than the rest. it's odd.

Anyway, that's how I am. I voted for Bush 41 over Clinton. Abstained in the following election. Voted for Bush 43 following that (because I really didn't like Al Gore - bad mistake). I abstained in the following election because I didn't register in time (I will never do that again, but would have voted for Kerry). I supported Obama twice and supported Hillary Clinton in this last election. I'm upfront and honest about my record, much to the chagrin of partisan people on both sides of the isle. I think my record only appears to be schizophrenic to hyper partisan people. I think it shows conscience, balance and my striving to vote for issues over party. :smile: More than you wanted to know. Hehe.
So you are liberal?

jvcarroll

Reaction score
So you are liberal?
Yes. A moderate-to-left-leaning Liberal. I believe our society has a responsibility to take care of one another. For every "self-made" person there are the people who helped make them so. I also believe people need to help themselves. That said, it's easy for a person with boots to tell someone to pull themselves up by their bootstraps (without realizing that person has no boots). I believe social security and healthcare should be those boots.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
One more point before I get really busy with today's project. Whew, I've spent too much time here. But I type fast (that is evidenced by all of the grammatical errors and typos).

This is about Lasseter.

A reach-around is NOT a hug and hugs require permission.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I'm a republican, always will be one, and proud of it.
I'm good friends with people of all political persuasions and we have great talks because we all listen to each other. That includes plenty of republican friends too. I've voted for republican candidates. I've voted for democratic candidates. I'm always proud of my vote at the time and proud to have voted, but I can't sign my allegiance away to anyone forever. That always has to be earned. Both parties right now are doing a terrible job of that.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I'm good friends with people of all political persuasions and we have great talks because we all listen to each other. That includes plenty of republican friends too. I've voted for republican candidates. I've voted for democratic candidates. I'm always proud of my vote at the time and proud to have voted, but I can't sign my allegiance away to anyone forever. That always has to be earned. Both parties right now are doing a terrible job of that.
That is your own opinion.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
That's it what's known as a FALSE ARGUMENT because there are always more than two candidates to vote for (and the Dems would never, in a million years, nominate Kanye because we're just not that tacky). While third party candidates have little chance of winning, they do get votes. I know many people who voted of Perot, Nader and write-in candidates. While the outcome is usually just a vote between two people, ANYONE can employ the INTEGRITY at ANY TIME to vote for someone beyond the two party nominees. TRUTH! How can an American not know any of this? It's beyond me.
Those were my choices in 1992 and 2000, respectively. Perot might've stood a better chance if he didn't flip-flop about running. He could've been a contender, but after he got cold feet about running, all momentum was lost. (And also if his running mate, Stockdale, wasn't so unglued).

Ralph Nader (Drtooth would've hung me from the highest tree for this!), while he had as much political clout as, say, Ben Carson, being a consumer advocate, and not having special interest groups in his back pocket, I'd be willing to give him a trial run.
Didn't want Bush, and Al Gore? My beef with him, his wife Tipper founded this society in the 80's, the PMRC, which would've overtly censored any music she and her Capitol cronies didn't like.
Just imagine any music from 1985 onwards (and probably backtracking before then) being subject to a handful of Capitol wives to decide whether it's suitable for YOU to listen to. Won't fly in my book.