And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I think your first scenario fits under my no. 2 and your 2nd scenario fits into my 3rd scenario.

After a couple of more years of President Trump I think someone will emerge from the Democrats. Not sure who just yet but IMHO I think you are going to see in another year or so all kinds of Democrats begin positioning themselves for a presidential run. The Republicans will lose control of the House and the Senate in the next round of elections. Every Democrat who has even an inkling of running will throw their hat in the ring because of the Republicans vulnerability. Someone decent will emerge from that group.

Of course, there always is the chance that President Trump wins the Republican nomination. If he does (and I still don't see that happening) he will lose the election to the Democratic candidate by a record margin. Of course, that's what they said about the last election. :wink:

But if I were a betting man I'd go all-in on him not being the Republican candidate.
I can see that. Actually, this is any Dem's time, no matter what level of experience they have, to rise and take the ear of the party. Charisma counts more than we thought it did. No more boring or problematic candidates with problematic histories. I'd like an Obama who's able to get more things passed. I know you don't, but at least Obama was dignified in office. The worst he did was wear a tan suit that one time. Ha! Well, and mock Trump at the correspondents dinner. That likely inspired his run.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I can see that. Actually, this is any Dem's time, no matter what level of experience they have, to rise and take the ear of the party. Charisma counts more than we thought it did. No more boring or problematic candidates with problematic histories. I'd like an Obama who's able to get more things passed. I know you don't, but at least Obama was dignified in office. The worst he did was wear a tan suit that one time. Ha! Well, and mock Trump at the correspondents dinner. That likely inspired his run.
I would like to see somebody that is able to get things done. We just differ on what some of those things are. :wink:

But while President Obama was able to get things done, whether it was through Democratic controlled congress or whether it was by executive order, the things that get done need to be done with bi-partisan support. Otherwise when the other party takes control in the next election or the election after that, it just gets reversed. You are seeing it now with President Trump and the Republicans dismantling much of what he accomplished. I'd like to see a president, and I really don't care whether it's a Republican or a Democrat, be able to work with both parties to get things accomplished. And that goes for the members of congress as well. It's time that politicians start putting country before party. But that is just a fantasyland I live in. It'll never happen.

P.S. I know you're going to tell me that President Obama did try to work with the Republicans. We've been down that road before. I don't wish to rehash another lengthy conversation about that. We'll just end up going round and round in circles. :wink:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I would like to see somebody that is able to get things done. We just differ on what some of those things are. :wink:

But while President Obama was able to get things done, whether it was through Democratic controlled congress or whether it was by executive order, the things that get done need to be done with bi-partisan support. Otherwise when the other party takes control in the next election or the election after that, it just gets reversed. You are seeing it now with President Trump and the Republicans dismantling much of what he accomplished. I'd like to see a president, and I really don't care whether it's a Republican or a Democrat, be able to work with both parties to get things accomplished. And that goes for the members of congress as well. It's time that politicians start putting country before party. But that is just a fantasyland I live in. It'll never happen.

P.S. I know you're going to tell me that President Obama did try to work with the Republicans. We've been down that road before. I don't wish to rehash another lengthy conversation about that. We'll just end up going round and round in circles. :wink:
A lit of those reverses are out of spite, but yeah. We need bipartisan effort. We need COMPROMISE. We the people of the country need to tell our representatives that it's not a dirty word. It's how our country was founded. Sure, there are some thing one just cannot compromise about on moral grounds, but there's a lot we can. Not everything can be bipartisan either. We're now experiencing the worst type of government ever. It's not because it's republican. It's because all branches of government are controlled by one party. That doesn't make for healthy legislation no matter who's in charge.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
And when both parties dig in their heels so deep, so stubborn to meet the other side halfway, the American people suffer.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And when both parties dig in their heels so deep, so stubborn to meet the other side halfway, the American people suffer.
Again, Democrats try, Republicans never do. This business with Roy Moore proves it: people are actually rallying in support of him, despite all of these pedophilic sexual misconduct allegations, simply because he's not Democrat.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So, it looks like more women are coming forward with more allegations of sexual harassment against Al Franken.

And, oh boy, is Fox News jumping all over it with glee.

But Roy Moore, on the other hand, he's still a great guy, isn't he? :wink:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yeah, but it's all good news because Roy Moore would vote on the new tax bill!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure jokes are public domain. If not, I claim fair use. :stick_out_tongue: