And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Yeesh. Two more people accusing Al Franken of groping them? When's it all end? I wonder if his political career can survive.

snichols1973

Reaction score
So now everybody is up in arms about Trump approving the import of animals hunted and killed in Africa for trophies, but let's just be straightforward and honest here: he's only approving it because Obama disapproved of it, because he just wants to undo everything Obama did just for the sake of undoing everything Obama did. Nothing more, nothing less. Plain and simple.
Or to put it in simple terms of Groucho Marxism:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
On Trump or MuppetsRule? Either way, we clearly don't see eye-to-eye on, well, pretty much anything, and it's clear that neither of us can carry on a conversation without it turning into a heated argument that results in warnings from Ed for inappropriate forum behavior. I'm generally a non-confrontational person, and it's pretty evident that any form of communication between us is toxic, which is why I'm taking initiative from other members and just avoiding and ignoring him entirely; any discussion the two of us get into derail the thread into a petty squabble over our differing views.

As for the Trump thing, I've seen a number of far right conservatives become disenchanted with him, and pretty much all year. At the same time, I still see other far right conservatives still blindly follow him and praise what a "great job" he's been doing.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
*cough* many of my conservative friends "cough*

And as for Snowth and Muppets rules, I love the arguments because then I can make all the popcorn I can eat as I got back and watch. :big_grin:

snichols1973

Reaction score
I once said that Robert E. Lee is a deserved hero for him standing with his state, and Censored immediately asked if this makes the Nazi soldiers fighting in the war heroes as well. I have thought a great deal about this, and I think I have an answer. It's kind of convoluted so bear with me. Yes, some of them I'm sure knew about what they were doing and decided to go through with it anyway, but there were also a bunch of people who were deluded into thinking that they were on the right side and thus didn't realize what they were actually doing. There were also a bunch of people who were merely executing orders. Were they heroes or not? It's hard to say, but certainly I hold some level of respect to anyone who is willing to die for a cause. I don't respect people like Hitler and his gang, who were doing the wrong thing intentionally, but I do respect, to an extent, those people like you or me who would probably do the same thing under the circumstances.
Robert E. Lee, due to his loyalty to his home state of Virginia, decided to follow Virginia's course of action and join the Confederate forces, even declining an offer of commanding the Union forces. Even though he was brought up as a practicing Christian, he wasn't confirmed as an Episcopalian until he was 46 years old in 1853, and even after the Civil War, he was described by Benjamin Harvey Hill as "a foe without hate; a friend without treachery; a soldier without cruelty; a victor without oppression, and a victim without murmuring. He was a public officer without vices; a private citizen without wrong; a neighbour without reproach; a Christian without hypocrisy, and a man without guile. He was a Caesar, without his ambition; Frederick, without his tyranny; Napoleon, without his selfishness, and Washington, without his reward."

Nazi Germany, on the other hand, rejected Christianity and replaced it with an occult-based system of beliefs, and attempted to remake humanity in their image, promoting the Aryan people as the dominant "super-race" of conquerors and later eliminating the inferior "undesirables", with the 1936 Summer Olympics in Berlin intended to be an occasion for Germany to show off their racial superiority, until Jesse Owens shattered the myth by winning 4 gold medals in the 100 and 200 meter sprints, long jump, and baton relay race, and stunning the Germans.