And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Whoever wishes to ignore me is more than free to do so.
Also, I actually like ya and agree with you most of the time. I just don't like misrepresentation of what I've said. That's whe
Again, Democrats try, Republicans never do. This business with Roy Moore proves it: people are actually rallying in support of him, despite all of these pedophilic sexual misconduct allegations, simply because he's not Democrat.
I remember Boehner saying compromise was a dirty word because that's what his supporters believed. That's not true.. It's what the Tea Party believed. He knew they'd primary anyone who compromised one bit. It's now all about absolute winning. Dems are a little softer on that point, but the Sanders branch of liberalism behaves the same as the Tea Party. It makes me sad. I love Sanders, but much of his followers scare the heck outta me.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Robert E. Lee, due to his loyalty to his home state of Virginia, decided to follow Virginia's course of action and join the Confederate forces, even declining an offer of commanding the Union forces. Even though he was brought up as a practicing Christian, he wasn't confirmed as an Episcopalian until he was 46 years old in 1853, and even after the Civil War, he was described by Benjamin Harvey Hill as "a foe without hate; a friend without treachery; a soldier without cruelty; a victor without oppression, and a victim without murmuring. He was a public officer without vices; a private citizen without wrong; a neighbour without reproach; a Christian without hypocrisy, and a man without guile. He was a Caesar, without his ambition; Frederick, without his tyranny; Napoleon, without his selfishness, and Washington, without his reward."

Nazi Germany, on the other hand, rejected Christianity and replaced it with an occult-based system of beliefs, and attempted to remake humanity in their image, promoting the Aryan people as the dominant "super-race" of conquerors and later eliminating the inferior "undesirables", with the 1936 Summer Olympics in Berlin intended to be an occasion for Germany to show off their racial superiority, until Jesse Owens shattered the myth by winning 4 gold medals in the 100 and 200 meter sprints, long jump, and baton relay race, and stunning the Germans.
Lee still fought for the side supporting slavery, so, there's that. I get what you're saying though. He was also against statues of himself or the confederacy after he lost the Civil War. Those aren't really about him. They're about inciting fear and compliance by people of color in the southern states. Those artifacts need to be seen and displayed as part of our history...in a museum and nowhere else.

Censored

Reaction score
Fact and opinion are different things. I'm fine with disagreements on opinion, as cynical as I might find them personally, but not on fact. We need to be much more careful about that. That said, I feel bad if I made you feel bad so I'll apologize for any and all of that.

This is how I should have said it:

Fact: Third Parties don't win Presidencies in America.

Fact: Third Party candidacies usually end up helping the worst of the two main candidates. (Cough, cough, Jill Stein)

Fact: Third Parties can and do help change the political conversation at times.

Opinion: The opinion here is what value there is in that conversation change; what it means to individual voters and the different political parties.

I value that in 3rd parties a lot while you don't seem to value it much, if at all. There's where we disagree. And that's fine. Characterizing that was a misstep on my part.

The rest, however, is fact and it appeared that you were claiming it wasn't and then misrepresented my words over and over again. That, of course, is infuriating to any person. I'm not sure if it was intentional, but I admit that it would have been easier to get the gist of what I was saying if I had said it as plainly as above.

Does that suffice? :smile:
Sorry too about any misunderstanding. Happy Thanksgiving!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Funny how a woman who tried to mail a bomb to Obama not only didn't realize he's no longer President, but some of the Rs out there are throwing "typical libtard" out at her, which . . . just goes to show how ignorant they are. I mean, that'd be like people on the left calling these people with the "F--- Trump" bumper stickers or the lady who gave his motorcade the bird, "typical Trumptards."

People in America today are a special kind of stupid, aren't they?

snichols1973

Reaction score
A satirical defnition of capitalism:

"The candidate with the most dollars wins the election, and votes don't really count."

Some of the far-right wing fringe seem so conservative, they might think that smiling on a Sunday (or any other day of the week) would be a sin; is it just me, or does anyone else think that the GOP has turned into the "No-Fun" party?

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!