TV Alert: Sesame Street at Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thursday morning don't miss the Sesame Street Muppets on the "123 Sesame Street" float at The 91st Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. This will be the 43rd consecutive year that the cast of Sesame Street has made an appearance.

The parade begins at 9 am eastern on NBC. Sesame Street's appearance is scheduled for approximately 10 am eastern.

Please note, the parade may be delayed an hour or so for your time zone, so be sure to check local listings for accurate start times. Also in some markets, NBC will be re-airing the parade in the afternoon so check local times for broadcasts in your area.

If you saw the Macy's parade, please "like" this message and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

wiley207

Reaction score
I saw Herry on the float again! I'm glad he is part of the parade once again with the rest of the Muppets.

But BTW, who were all those kids with Alan and Nina supposed to be? Do they have any part in the show?

And yep, they're still using the 2009/2011 opening theme song to introduce the float. But while it's no longer the current theme, it DOES run longer than the current theme does (since Season 46) so that's a given. And it does beat hearing that dated 1992-2006 closing credits theme (as nostalgic as it may be.)

I got nervous when the parade started, because they did NOT announce the Sesame Street cast as part of the opening lineup with all the musical guests and Broadway acts like they usually did; I guess they just consider the float now to be part of the "And The Rest" category ("Fantastic floats and spectacular balloons...")

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I saw Herry on the float again! I'm glad he is part of the parade once again with the rest of the Muppets.
Wait, Herry was there? I didn't see him (I did see Prarie Dawn, though).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
He was literally right next to Prairie.

Schfifty

Reaction score
They just appeared in my time zone like 15 minutes ago. I luckily woke up and turned on my TV right before Sesame came on.

It was nice like usual. I wish we could have gotten close-ups of a few more characters in the building, since we only got Ernie/Bert and Zoe/Telly. I saw Rudy and the Count in the lower-left window.

Also, Grover was next to Leslie and not Cookie from the picture.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
That's an old photo; from last year's parade.

Schfifty

Reaction score
I knew that, I just wanted to point it out for what it's worth.

But yeah, this year's character arrangement was mostly the same as last year's, except Cookie and Grover were swapped and Baby Bear's spot was replaced with Herry.

wiley207

Reaction score
But yeah, this year's character arrangement was mostly the same as last year's, except Cookie and Grover were swapped and Baby Bear's spot was replaced with Herry.
I remember last year, Count von Count and Herry Monster were next to each other on the float (maybe because Jerry Nelson was both their original performer?). Now Rudy is next to the Count.