Christmas: Are they shoving it down our throats too early?

Schfifty

Reaction score
Well, the M&Ms commercial showed up today on NBC during the National Dog Show.

Now you could say it's officially the Christmas season.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Earlier than that, it showed up during the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.

Oh, and here's the U.K. version of the episode with different voices and dialogue:

Why does Yellow sound like Ozzy Osbourne?

Last edited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
As far as timeless Christmas commercials that pop up every year, don't forget about the one from Coca-Cola with the music of "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" playing as the stockboy sighs he got everything set up in place at the end. Or the one my friend loves where a seed gets dropped into an empty Coca-Cola can and then the seed instantly grows into a full-blown Christmas tree.

As for The Grinch... I'd love it if they aired Halloween Is Grinch's Night (along with a few other specials from my childhood) as part of the Halloween fare. Would also love to see the animated special (in English) narrated by Boris Karloff. But the only Grinch we get is the live-action movie from 2000, and we won't have that soon either since they're working on a full-length animated version that'll probably replace the live-action version in the rotation of usual Christmas movies after it's released.

And hey, tomorrow may be Black Friday to most people, but I call it Kermit Green & Red Friday cause it's the start of MCR's Christmas cavalcade.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I still remember several years ago when ABC Family suddenly aired a bunch of random Dr. Seuss specials because of the Grinch, which felt weird, because it felt like because of the Grinch that Dr. Seuss' work was being ghettoized into some kind of a Christmas-only product.

Ironically, I always associated the Lorax (a special they aired) with Halloween, mainly because I have a tape of the Disney Channel from the early 90s where they were playing all kinds of Halloween fare, and for whatever reason, that was included as part of it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Dunno about that. ABC Family now Freeform could have aired the Seuss movies as part of their 25 Days of Christmas campaign or they could have aired them in January after as part of their regular family-oriented weekend movie blocks. Alls I know about The Lorax is the animated special cause the movie version was just one big mess that I've never bothered watching.

Luke kun

Reaction score
The snowman who comes in and eats chicken noodle soup and melts to reveal a kid was frozen out in the snow?
Nostalgia Critic flashback.

Whatever happened to the Fruity Pebbles ad with the Flintstones and Santa? Critic said that was on every year yet I've NEVER seen it on, nor the Campbell's ad. I only saw the Hershey's ad THIS YEAR.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, here's the Campbell's ad:

And here's one of the only Pebbles Christmas commercials I remember:

I remember there were also Pebbles commercials - one was for Fruity Pebbles that were red and green and frosted, the other for Cocoa Pebbles with a small packet of tiny little marshmallow pieces to sprinkle over the cereal to make it look like it got snowed on, but neither of them appear to be on YouTube.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Nostalgia Critic flashback.

Whatever happened to the Fruity Pebbles ad with the Flintstones and Santa? Critic said that was on every year yet I've NEVER seen it on, nor the Campbell's ad. I only saw the Hershey's ad THIS YEAR.
I’m sure the Campbell’s ad will be on sometime this year.