Jim Nabors RIP

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, you're right, Emmett was essentially Floyd's replacement, and while Floyd may not have exactly been on the same driving level as Andy and Barney, or even Gomer or Goober were, he was still an essential, intregal part of the Mayberry family, so it's sad that they also tried filling his void as well.

One of my favorite Floyd memories is when he and Barney were captured and held hostage by those three escaped lady convicts: he starts calling Barney Al (since one of the convicts kept calling him that since he reminded her of her ex Al), sits on the couch eating bananas, and finally flips out over the burgers burning and saying he won't be held responsible for it. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Funny in hindsight too how there was an episode of LEAVE IT TO BEAVER that Howard McNear guest starred in, playing, what else? A barber.

Princeton

Reaction score
One of my favorite Floyd memories is when he and Barney were captured and held hostage by those three escaped lady convicts: he starts calling Barney Al (since one of the convicts kept calling him that since he reminded her of her ex Al), sits on the couch eating bananas, and finally flips out over the burgers burning and saying he won't be held responsible for it. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:.
That's my second favorite episode, after Citizen's Arrest.

snichols1973

Reaction score
Either way, I'm really saddened by this; aside from Ron Howard (obviously), I think this only leaves Betty Lynn (Thelma Lou) as the only remaining Mayberry citizin still with us. :frown:
Other still-living cast members include: Elinor Donahue, who played Ellie Walker during Season 1 of Andy Griffith, better known as Betty Anderson on Father Knows Best;
Keith Thibodeaux as Opie's friend Johnny Paul Jason;
Jack Burns, who wrote for TMS Season 1;
Maggie Peterson Mancuso as Charlene Darling;
Ron's younger brother Clint, who played Leon, a toddler in a cowboy outfit;
Ken Berry who previously played Captain Parmenter on F Troop, starred on Andy Griffith as Sam Jones, who would carry the role over to Mayberry R.F.D., only to have that eventually cancelled by the "rural purge" of the early 1970's, and later played dim-witted Vinton Harper from Mama's Family.