What sketches scared you as a kid?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
This is one I probably haven't brought up yet, but "Right in the Middle of the Face" with Elmo creeped me out when I was young.... Especially the girl blowing gum. :eek:

Luke kun

Reaction score
That sounds a bit unusual for Sesame Street due to how many kids have a fear of loud noises (especially at Sesame Street viewing age).
Well if the producers of the second Kids' Favorite Songs video thought it was A-OK to have Marty Robinson attempt to pull off Cthulhu's mating call and dub it "sneezing", this is nothing out of the ordinary.

Luke kun

Reaction score
What's so scary about Snuffy sneezing?
Well, in the video I'm talking about, the sneeze wasn't really sounding like a sneeze to little me, not like Snuffy sneezing in the 83 episode when he got sick. And I was like 2 years old. I'm sure when I have kids I'm gonna watch it again and be like "oh".

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Yes, that's the video I'm talking about. I used to watch it all the time when I was little.

Here, skip to the 3:54 mark:
See? That wasn't so bad, now was it?

Luke kun

Reaction score
Yes, that's the video I'm talking about. I used to watch it all the time when I was little.

Here, skip to the 3:54 mark:
See? That wasn't so bad, now was it?
It's not so bad now (I've actually heard it as well as the entire video many times coming from my LFA brother's iPad mini), it actually makes me laugh too, but I was like really young at the time and I have autism and when I was a kid I had misophonia. I loved Snuffy as a kid but not the video. I'm even embarrassed that it made me afraid of sneezing, but kids hey! It's a sneeze, it was part of the song he was singing, it what the puppeteer/director intended it to be! And it also reminded me of my dad's sneeze which was really loud. We have different opinions and there're actually a lot of people on YouTube who didn't like that segment, but our reasons vary and I'm really embarrassed now that I have to talk about it again, I find Episode #1854 better IMO.

Reminds me of wileyk207 relating his similar fear of Natalie mooing in "Boogie Woogie Piggies" and Janice & Mokey's Man relating his fear of the typewriter "N" sketch.

Last edited:

Luke kun

Reaction score
And I was writing those things about it being "Cthulhu's mating call" from my two-year-old perspective, how it affected me then, versus how it affected me now, and I was in a bad mood when I wrote that thing about KFS2 in October (AND I KNEW IT WASN'T SCARY ANYMORE), it was way before my brother began to play the video from his iPad mini and I laughed at the sneezes, I should've went and micspammed on Halo 5 instead of taking it out on Marty Robinson's stupid sneezes. In fact, me and wileyk207 (who actually also told me during the discussion he'd possibly be scared of that if he were 2) discussed on Skype how he had to REHEARSE the sneezes and then we wondered if Richard Hunt had to do that with Natalie the Cow's moo, if Frank Oz had to do that with Beautiful Day Monster's B sound and Harvey Kneeslapper's laugh, and yeah everything's fine now, heck Solid Snake with a cold from Metal Gear Solid is one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard, I rewound the scene where Rocko sneezes in the Rocko's Modern Life episode "Day of the Flecko" one night at like 12:30 am 3 or 4 times, the "Suds" episode of SpongeBob (which I was actually afraid of as a kid) is one of my favorites (but my family now knows to never mention that I used to be afraid of it), and don't even get me started on the end of the Powerpuff Girls episode "Gesundfight" (which I am going to actually go watch right now). Sorry for acting that way, muppetgem, and confusing you and really embarrassing myself. IT'S JUST A SNEEZE! :smile:

wiley207

Reaction score
I may have mentioned before that the "Yakity Yakity Yak" scared me as a kid with the way the yak goes nuts and charges at the screen, breaking it. Well, Episode 3012 made it worse for me: after the crash and everything is black, the "NEWS FLASH" logo rapidly ZOOMS in right after! It's almost as if you had the Viacom "V of Doom" logo play twice after a show instead of just once. See it here (15:17 - 15:27)

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I may have mentioned before that the "Yakity Yakity Yak" scared me as a kid with the way the yak goes nuts and charges at the screen, breaking it. Well, Episode 3012 made it worse for me: after the crash and everything is black, the "NEWS FLASH" logo rapidly ZOOMS in right after! It's almost as if you had the Viacom "V of Doom" logo play twice after a show instead of just once. See it here (15:17 - 15:27)
This yak?

https://www.google.com/search?q=yak...KEwiwloaJzKHYAhVp_IMKHUv4A1UQ_AUICygC#imgrc=_