And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Get rid of the cancer you don't need in your life.

Stay off this thread if it bugs you.
I love that very much. Certain things in life are toxic. Sometimes that's people. Sometimes that two or more good people who are wonderful when they are separated, yet become toxic when together. All of that happens. I always try to find some connection or understanding with people. That works with me 99.9% in my daily life when I'm with people in person. Bad day, good day, meh day: most people I know can't wait to share it with me and go for a sandwich or a beverage. There's nowhere I go in life were people, even Trump supporters who know my feelings, won't say hi with a bright smile and start a conversation. The only place where things go wrong is on this forum. Seriously. I barely even have any heated talks on Facebook. So, I don't know really what to say about that. I'd left here before and was invited back by a few key members here. Some of whom I have a very hard time communicating with, but we made the pledge to keep trying because we both value each other's opinion. We do, however, all have to listen to each other. Everyone in the world could do a better job at that. I try hardest at that than anything else in life. I fail a lot, but that's always the goal - no to agree, but to understand and hopefully find some common ground. We're at a point in the world where people are all-or-nothing. The kind of thought that if someone doesn't 100% agree with you, they must be schooled and harped on until they relent. That's in both parties now and it's the most toxic thing of all. We don't need terrorists infiltrating our country. We're tearing it apart from the inside all by ourselves. But we can change that. Listening, understanding and forgiving are the avenues toward that goal.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ooh, are we doing madlibs now? Okay. . .

"I just (verb) an entire novella."

Ugh . . . "ate"?

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Ooh, are we doing madlibs now? Okay. . .

"I just (verb) an entire novella."

Ugh . . . "ate"?
I love your avatar, Snowth! OMG. I so need to get back to work, but it's so dead here and I have ten times the energy as any normal human. :eek:

jvcarroll

Reaction score

I at least have time to insert an inspirational quote accompanied by a Muppet picture that seems to fit the words. Frog bless.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
TBH though, I think it's important that liberals and conservatives work side by side, because both bring something to the table. For instance, I myself believe that the LGBTQ+ community deserves their rights, but I'm also not a big supporter of illegal immigration. Which, yes, that's something we did when we first came to this country, someone's gonna bring up, and if you do I'll bring up what the liberals did to the blacks during segregation. Coolio.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
TBH though, I think it's important that liberals and conservatives work side by side, because both bring something to the table. For instance, I myself believe that the LGBTQ+ community deserves their rights, but I'm also not a big supporter of illegal immigration. Which, yes, that's something we did when we first came to this country, someone's gonna bring up, and if you do I'll bring up what the liberals did to the blacks during segregation. Coolio.
I very much agree. And the dixiecrats were awful. My grandfather was one. Ugh. I don't think either side is for illegal immigration, but conservatives see any path to citizenship as complete amnesty and will not budge on that point. It's not because that's a republican value. It's a tea party value and the inmates there have taken over the asylum.