The New Am I The Only One Thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Same brutha.

Am I the only one who thinks humor doesn't exist on this website?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It did back in the days when most of us were still kids and hadn't grown into cynical and jaded adults. :stick_out_tongue:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So I've noticed even when I was on the site as bigjeffy back in '07.

If anything, my humor is essentially Jim Henson/Frank Oz-voiced wild character next to the Jim Henson/Frank Oz-voiced straight man.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am I the only one who doesn't like being told to smile in pictures?

I'll be honest, I really don't. Like, if I'm with family or friends or meeting someone cool, then yeah, I'll smile. But if it's just a picture of myself.... I really don't like to smile in them.

I dunno why, but for the most part, I usually have a "Mr. Serious" look on my face when I take pictures.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't mind smiling, but one thing I never liked was how for school pictures, my mom would always insist I show my teeth - somehow, my smiles look so insincere and forced in those old school pictures trying to show as much of my teeth as possible.

On the other hand, depending on the person or the pictures, sometimes a lack of smile can make the person look so miserable . . . like Kristen Stewart, for example: it's rare that she smiles in her pictures (and she somehow figures if she does, she's "selling out" to her fans), but when she does, she's actually really cute, otherwise, she looks like she doesn't want to live on this planet.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I can say this.....

A smile definitely beats that god-awful kissy duck face. :grouchy:
Smiles beat frowns any day. But fake smiles are just as bad as fake pouty faces.
Still, did you know it's easier to smile than to frown? Frowning uses more face muscles, so people with perpetual frowns wore their faces out. Y'see?
I didn't always smile for high school pictures either, but from my twenties onward I tried to smile for pictures whenever I could.
A lot of band shots catch me smiling. Not some big deranged grin, but a little Mona Lisa smile. Shows I'm actually enjoying myself, and that counts.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Seriously? What's wrong with podcasts?
Nothing, I just don't listen to them.

I think the only time I ever bothered to actually listen to a podcast was one a friend of mine did, as he's a television historian, and he was being interviewed about how older sitcoms in previous decades relied so heavily on laugh tracks.