The Random Memory thread

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
This little orange cat that I've had for years had had quite a few different name changes during his 9 lives. One time, my aunt said something along the lines of
"How's your cat Petunia doing?". I wasn't sure who she was talking about when she said
"You know, the orange one. Didn't you name him Petunia at one point?". I quickly assured her that I would never name a male cat Petunia but then started laughing because of how she had no idea I was into HTF at the time but somehow thought I'd give an animal that specific name.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
One time my Mom was wearing a Thundercats shirt and one of my friends came up to her and said
"I love your shirt!". She was quite intrigued that a kid my age would know about Thundercats but that quickly changed when he said,
"That's from He-Man right. My mom loves that show,".

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
When I was 11 or 12, my dog and I watched American Dad one night together. She was all snuggled up in my lap as I did my nightly cartoon watching. For some reason, I consider that to be a very memorable bonding moment between me and her. That particular dog rarely ever went in the house and mostly kept to herself, roaming around in the woods as she pleased so watching TV with her that night was a lot of fun and I can't see the American Dad episode about Steve getting a beagle named Kisses without thinking of her (in an ironically funny way because she is the only dog we've had that never kissed us once). Sometimes I wonder whether that old beagle thought the show was funny or not. Most of the humor revolved around pop culture, so she probably didn't know the celebrities and stuff they were talking about due to how I cut off the cable in her dog house years ago lol jk.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
You know those sprinkles you put on ice cream? In some parts of the country, they're called jimmies.
Jimmy was my grandfather's name, so when I was little, Carvel ice cream reminded me of him.

That's something else a lot of you missed out on. They make Carvel ice cream cakes you can buy in supermarkets. But once upon a time, if you lived in the New York area, there was a Carvel ice cream store on every corner.
Ancient History: 25 cents bought you a giant soft serve cone. With jimmies. 8)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know those sprinkles you put on ice cream? In some parts of the country, they're called jimmies.
Never heard that.

But then again, as a southern, I sit back and chuckle at how northerns act like red velvet cake is some kind of a new, earth-shattering discovery.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Nah, I knew about red velvet cake since I was little (tiramisu isn't new, either). But cake made with beet juice...eugh! Carrot cake is okay, but I draw the line with beets.

Why? Beets me.8)

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
I have footage of this on home video, but my sister would kill me if I posted it. My dad was using a video camera he borrowed for my sister's first communion, and my sister is trying to get footage of the family cat. The cat is not cooperating, and she says to the cat, "don't you want to be on TV?" Keep in mind, this was 1988, and my sister was only seven years old at the time. I was six, and neither of us really knew any better.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I have footage of this on home video, but my sister would kill me if I posted it. My dad was using a video camera he borrowed for my sister's first communion, and my sister is trying to get footage of the family cat. The cat is not cooperating, and she says to the cat, "don't you want to be on TV?" Keep in mind, this was 1988, and my sister was only seven years old at the time. I was six, and neither of us really knew any better.
I found a funny cat experience on one of my home videos as well. I was 5 years old and playing with my beloved cat Spot (who I still have to this day and love just as much). I displayed her to the camera and said,
"This is my cat Spot. I love her!" and then kissed the cat. My mom (who was filming at the time) then said,
"Please don't kiss the cat, that's disgusting!". I thought it was cute to see how long that cat and I have been close friends.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When I was growing up, my mom would often try to play cupid with me and any random of my platonic female friends - particularly when I was a teenager; she'd often remark to me, "So-and-so sure is cute/pretty/adorable, isn't she? You ought to ask her out sometime!" I think my mom liked the idea of me getting married and giving her grandkids, even though she really has nothing to do with the grandkids she's already got from my sister, lol.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You know what's the best thing about sprinkles?

Calling them whatever you want to call them and not getting mad over it. For me, I just refer to all colors as sprinkles.