Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not YouTube, but I really do not like what Facebook has done with our notifications: they say they're now filtering our notifications based on "importance," so that whatever notification that feel is of higher importance to you they'll put at the top of the list, while lesser important notifications will be further down. This is just a headache and confusing, because how does Facebook even determine the "importance" of a notification? I mean all these does is just jumble them up to where some of your notifications are at the top, while others you have to scroll down through older/read notifications to find other new ones. I mean, doesn't just filtering notifications by when you get them make too much sense?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So I see that YouTube is currently facing backlash because commercials are being featured on videos that are said to be attracting pedophiles to the site, which brings to mind something I mentioned several years ago, of how YouTube, for whatever reason, recommended a pre-teen girl's channel to me: she literally had millions of subscribers, and each of her videos had millions of views and likes, and it really made me wonder just who, exactly, was among her millions of subscribers - I couldn't imagine all of them would be other pre-teen girls. I was deeply disturbed.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is anyone else having occasional problems with YouTube just displaying black when playing a video? I'm surprised this even happens in Chrome on occasion.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I have. I think it might be connected to using an ad blocker.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
This is what happens when you try and make our Lord and God's known as YouTube lose their precious money.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I recently noticed YouTube has done away with something else . . . you know how whenever you hover your cursor over a channel username, a little widget would appear that would give you a brief rundown of the channel (description, number of videos, number of subscribers)? Yeah, that's gone.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Well, I'm just gonna put my cursor over the channel name so I can see what this user's about-

Aaaaaaand it's gone!