The Brooklyn Nine-Nine Discussion Thread

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Who else is a huge fan of Brooklyn Nine-Nine? I've seen every episode and it's just a hilariious show, I think one of the best comedies of this decade. This thread is for anyone else who watches to discuss. Remember the fourth season premieres Tuesday September 20 at 8/7c, so get discussing.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I don't particularly care for this show, it pretty much just seems like a rip-off of 'Parks and Rec' to me. But, people seem to like it, including my sister, so clearly I must be missing something.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's a comedy? I couldn't tell. But I see what Chelsea Peretti's been up to since she got dumped from WORLD'S DUMBEST... (along with Danny Bonaduce, Leif Garrett, Tonya Harding, Todd Bridges, Loni Love, Chuck Nice, Judy Gold, Frank Stallone, and pretty much the whole roster of the original cast members).

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I don't particularly care for this show, it pretty much just seems like a rip-off of 'Parks and Rec' to me. But, people seem to like it, including my sister, so clearly I must be missing something.
Well it was made my the same creators, it's not a ripoff more of a successor, like Parks was to The Office, there are some similarities, but both shows are pretty different. Also, doesn't Parks have those talking head interviews? 9-9 doesn't.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Alright, i'm sorry I wrote this off as being an unfunny show trying to recapture Parks and Rec (which is still one of my favorite shows, BTW). I've since watched several episodes and while all the jokes don't quite land (specifically the flashback scenes), the characters are really charming, and overall it's a really good show :smile:.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Alright, i'm sorry I wrote this off as being an unfunny show trying to recapture Parks and Rec (which is still one of my favorite shows, BTW). I've since watched several episodes and while all the jokes don't quite land (specifically the flashback scenes), the characters are really charming, and overall it's a really good show :smile:.
That's great! (though personally, I enjoy the cutaways). Did you start from the beginning?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
That's great! (though personally, I enjoy the cutaways). Did you start from the beginning?
Mostly i've skipped around, I just started watching from the beginning very recently, although I did watch the first two a while back. The show really does seem to get better and better with each season.
As for the cutaways, they're pretty hit or miss for me.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Good. This is probably my favorite comedy today and I'm almost never disappointed each week. This week's episodes were particularly great.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Good. This is probably my favorite comedy today and I'm almost never disappointed each week. This week's episodes were particularly great.
I agree. Bad time to restart this thread though since B99 won't be coming back for a long time.