Questions about anything

Schfifty

Reaction score
I'm just curious...what's the highest number of alerts any of you have gotten on here before hovering over the Alerts button to make them disappear? I'm attempting a record at the moment and I'm up to 91 right now.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm just curious...what's the highest number of alerts any of you have gotten on here before hovering over the Alerts button to make them disappear? I'm attempting a record at the moment and I'm up to 91 right now.
I think around the time of the Steve Whitmire controversy at some point I was up to 23 because I had been gone the whole day.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think the highest number I ever got at one time was 17 or 19.

I tend to get higher numbers whenever people evidently read through old threads page by page and start liking posts as they read, because I tend to notice whenever I have a high number of alerts, it's generally by someone liking posts I've made in a single thread.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I tend to get higher numbers whenever people evidently read through old threads page by page and start liking posts as they read, because I tend to notice whenever I have a high number of alerts, it's generally by someone liking posts I've made in a single thread.
...Guilty.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
To be fair, you're not the only one, there's been other members who do it.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
What is the point of posting a comment on YouTube that says "X brought me here"? Let me explain a little more. I made a tribute video to the character Henrietta Pussycat from "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood," and someone commented "Venture Brothers brought me here." Since I don't watch Venture Brothers, I didn't understand this comment. I did say I found these comments annoying, and he got snippy with me ("what do you have against freedom of speech?" but I WASN'T telling him to stop, I was telling him I found these comments annoying, isn't that also freedom of speech?)

Someone please tell me, what's the point of "X brought me here?"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Because sometimes something can become so obscure that the only way the current generations find out about it is if it's featured/reference in something far more contemporary and popular . . . you'd be hard-pressed to look at a GREAT SPACE COASTER video on YouTube without at least one, "FAMILY GUY brought me here" comment.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Because sometimes something can become so obscure that the only way the current generations find out about it is if it's featured/reference in something far more contemporary and popular . . . you'd be hard-pressed to look at a GREAT SPACE COASTER video on YouTube without at least one, "FAMILY GUY brought me here" comment.
Same with the 70's version of The Electric Company.

It would be nice if some things were left to stand on their own merits. Like the 70's version of "Land of the Lost". Without the 90's version or the movie to make it seem relevant for contemporary viewers. Kinda like a history lesson. This is what existed back in the 70's, when the three networks showed cartoons on Saturday morning these were the kinds of shows the Kroffts cranked out, and this is your historical perspective.

In some ways, I can understand the Great Space Coaster/Family Guy link.
But I'm also little proud that I was around to see the Coaster during its original run. When nobody knew what the future had in store for Kevin Clash or Jim Martin.