The Nostalgia Critic Thread Lives Again!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was so hoping this would be another episode without sketches, but no such luck.

mr3urious

Reaction score
And now here's Home Alone 2.

As much as I like this movie, I admit that it's a blatant retread on a bigger budget, but it's one of those retreads that kinda owes up to it. A lot like The Hangover 2 in a way.

And as for Kevin calling the Pigeon Lady "sick"? Well, pigeons are rats with wings, and she was likely to be covered in disease-carrying, statue-corroding pigeon poop. So I don't blame him for freaking out there.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Way too many sketches, way too many castmembers. Not interested.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Way too many sketches, way too many castmembers. Not interested.
Then why comment on it? We've already established that most of the episodes have a lot of sketches. Most of the time I just skip past them because they rarely effect the actual review parts. But there are occasions where the sketches are funny, but usually only when they act as a framing device and actually have a story. For instance, the Rocky and Bullwinkle Movie review was pretty enjoyable if for no other reason then Walter Banasiak's funny portrayal of the priest, but also because the silly character parts weren't sketches but were actually part of a running plot that was just a part of the review, if that makes any sense. The priest and The Critic interacted throughout the entire episode, so it was more like one of the collaboration episodes, except the priest was more of an interviewer than he was a reviewer.