Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
TBH, I don't actually mind the head shape, I was just noticing and emphasizing the point that Artie's Kermit was flat in multiple aspects.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
It's pretty crazy. I guess I kind of understand that people were scared that Steve was being replaced, but regardless, as we saw with Steve and Matt, Artie could've improved with the right training. And sure, his Kermit was a little flat (in terms of voice, personality, and head shape) but the fans' negative reactions were way too over the top, in my opinion.
Well, again the biggest issue was they sort of threw a different Kermit puppeteer at us when it was totally unexpected. Now we know that Kermit has been recast, so it's easier to accept. I do agree that Artie's :smile: had potential. Again, his appearance on MTV with Lady Gaga was a big improvement over his performance on AGT, so it would have been nice if he had been given more of a chance. But oh well, as far as I know he still does puppeteering for Wally the Lending Tree Muppet, so there you go. :smile:

Banjo man

Reaction score
Well, again the biggest issue was they sort of threw a different Kermit puppeteer at us when it was totally unexpected. Now we know that Kermit has been recast, so it's easier to accept. I do agree that Artie's :smile: had potential. Again, his appearance on MTV with Lady Gaga was a big improvement over his performance on AGT, so it would have been nice if he had been given more of a chance. But oh well, as far as I know he still does puppeteering for Wally the Lending Tree Muppet, so there you go. :smile:
Artie wouldn't bad. He has potential and in my opinion sounds the most like Jim's Kermit out of all the Kermit voices. He just sounds sorta flat (Personality and head too) but he can change.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently the clip itself is no longer on YouTube, so all we have is this one that someone recorded off their TV screen, so you can't quite get an accurate representation of Artie's performance, but you get the idea:

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Apparently the clip itself is no longer on YouTube, so all we have is this one that someone recorded off their TV screen, so you can't quite get an accurate representation of Artie's performance, but you get the idea:
Thank you. And . . . . well, once again, I don't think it sounds much like Jim's Kermit, either. But that's just me. We all hear what we want to hear, I suppose.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
http://video.disney.com/watch/watch...ts-oh-my-disney-show-560bbb1e1c29c80766ffcd1e
Brian Henson and Dave Goelz talk The Muppet Christmas Carol... and completely omit any mention of Whitmire. I can accept the idea that Whitmire can be a jerk, but you cannot scrub him entirely from the legacy of the Muppets. I'm sorry, this is obnoxious.
Well, you have to realize the only other puppeteer from that production they mentioned was Jerry Nelson. They didn't say anything about Frank Oz. Honestly, if they wanted to, they could have just not said anything about Rizzo either. Also, this was a 12 minute compilation from an 86 minute movie.

I think you are making an issue out of nothing.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah, it's very possible that they mentioned Steve but it just didn't make the cut.

And if they didn't mention him, maybe it wasn't because they're bitter, it could just be that they didn't want to detract from the video due to the controversy surrounding his exit. We can't forget that all this happened fairly recently, and we've still got fans commenting "Bring back Steve!" on every Muppet video.