Does anybody think you're weird for watching Sesame Street?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
My mom is not comfortable with me friending strangers on social media.
It’s like how when I asked somebody for their phone number at school, the girl said no because of her mother not allowing her to give the number out to strangers.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I could not careless what others think. Yeah there are times I'll think, "What Does This Guy Or Woman Think Of Me Buying Sesame Street Merch," and then I'll say who cares. They aren't the ones who are my friends. I have four best friends who don't care if I watch Sesame Street. Now they won't care to watch any Sesame thing with me but it doesn't hurt me or make me feel like man I wished I had some one to watch this stuff with but ever so often I do wished I had some one to but till then. HOORAY!!!! For Sesame Street!!!!

Censored

Reaction score
As I grow older, I am learning more and more not to care what others think. I disclosed my YouTube channel to my entire Snapchat community (which includes several friends from my school.) And some of them will probably think it's weird that I watch Sesame Street. I decided I'm just not going to care anymore what people think of me watching that show.
Believe me, the older you get, the less you care about others' opinions of you.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I have heard a couple of comments about me being an adult who still watches classic Sesame Street clips and episodes online but to be honest, I don't really care what other people think. As many others have said on this thread, classic SS is so much well written and clever than most "adult" shows these days. Stuff like The Kardashians, Jersey Shore (I can't believe they are rebooting that btw), and all those dumb "adult" comedies that load up on sex humor, curse words, and pointless offensive content is FAR more immature than Sesame Street in my opinion. People need to realize that vulgarity for the sake of vulgarity is the definition of childish despite the fact that vulgarity and offensiveness is the main entertainment value in an overwhelming amount of "adult" comedies nowadays. SS has clever writing and countless parodies of shows and movies that aren't even meant for kids in the first place. One of the most childish things a person can do is worry themselves sick about "growing up". To quote fellow fantasy fan and Christian C.S. Lewis "As I matured, I left all childish things behind including that strong desire to grow up,". Besides my 31 year old cousin still loves the Ninja Turtles very much to the point where it's his l time favorite show even before adults only programs like Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead and he is one of the coolest and most mature guys I know. I don't think me occasionally watching old nostalgic SS clips on YouTube is the least bit of a problem.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I have heard a couple of comments about me being an adult who still watches classic Sesame Street clips and episodes online but to be honest, I don't really care what other people think. As many others have said on this thread, classic SS is so much well written and clever than most "adult" shows these days. Stuff like The Kardashians, Jersey Shore (I can't believe they are rebooting that btw), and all those dumb "adult" comedies that load up on sex humor, curse words, and pointless offensive content is FAR more immature than Sesame Street in my opinion. People need to realize that vulgarity for the sake of vulgarity is the definition of childish despite the fact that vulgarity and offensiveness is the main entertainment value in an overwhelming amount of "adult" comedies nowadays. SS has clever writing and countless parodies of shows and movies that aren't even meant for kids in the first place. One of the most childish things a person can do is worry themselves sick about "growing up". To quote fellow fantasy fan and Christian C.S. Lewis "As I matured, I left all childish things behind including that strong desire to grow up,". Besides my 31 year old cousin still loves the Ninja Turtles very much to the point where it's his l time favorite show even before adults only programs like Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead and he is one of the coolest and most mature guys I know. I don't think me occasionally watching old nostalgic SS clips on YouTube is the least bit of a problem.
Preach! I agree with you but I don't mind some of the Adult comedies or TV Sitcoms too but I don't care what anyone thinks of me no matter what. Now I can care a little tiny bit at some times but for most I don't.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Preach! I agree with you but I don't mind some of the Adult comedies or TV Sitcoms too but I don't care what anyone thinks of me no matter what. Now I can care a little tiny bit at some times but for most I don't.
Some of the adult comedies and sitcoms are great in my opinion too. I was referring to the ones that shock just for the sake of shocking ([adult swim]'s Mr. Pickles for example). If you don't know the show I'm referring to it's some ridiculous adult cartoon (I use the term adult very loosely btw) about a Satanic dog who brutally kills people, uses raunchy language, and is graphically shown mating like rabbits with his fellow cartoon canines. Adult shows with clever humor such as Bob's Burgers, The Simpsons, and all the Monty Python stuff is awesome. It just seems like too much of the R and even PG-13 rated comedies these days tend to fall into the "appeals only to tweens who want to look cool and edgy for watching stuff their not supposed to," category. I wish there were more true adult comedies that feature actual well written characters instead of lazily written racial stereotypes for the sake of shock value, clever dialogue as opposed to simply dropping the F-bomb over and over again for no reason, and witty visual gags that don't involve brutally murdering the characters without any clever reason as to why.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I wish there were more true adult comedies that feature actual well written characters instead of lazily written racial stereotypes for the sake of shock value, clever dialogue as opposed to simply dropping the F-bomb over and over again for no reason, and witty visual gags that don't involve brutally murdering the characters without any clever reason as to why.
That's one of the reasons why I love Camp Camp so much. Despite having lots of cursing and a fair amount of sex jokes, it's actually well-written with clever jokes and dosen't rely on being edgy and gross like many other adult cartoons out there.