Henson showcases new products at Licensing Show 2003

Luke

Reaction score
MustangRockstar said:
The older audience is the focus, however "nastalgia" is in right now. While the push for younger stuff wont be huge, its a way to test the waters.
Thats not how it's going to be apparently, the main push is going to be the younger crowd for a year, and then they'll gradually push to the nostalgia crowd as well at the end of the first, and in the second year. In the first year it'll be all kiddified adverts, and pre-school type toys and books with just the plushes really crossing over to the collectable crowd. After that they start to bring in other collector orientated stuff depending on how things go. That's how i understood it anyhow.

As i said before, it's a good idea to get all the licenses working but i do feel it's way too late for this in the current climate. Henson are doing far better and making more money (at least right now) from original productions and licenses like 'The Hoobs'. They need new ideas, and it seems they will be launching some new non-Muppet pre-school brands to try and break the U.S kids market more like they have done so well on in the UK. This 'Muppet Babies' move gets the classic characters out there but i think it could just be done far better by utilising the actual puppets and if they are doing that too, the cartoon and it's very broad targetting could upset that.

towels

Reaction score
Is there some sort of irony that they have one of their biggest licensing presentations in years just before cutting their entire licensing department?
:concern: :confused: :embarrassed:

Luke

Reaction score
towels said:
Is there some sort of irony that they have one of their biggest licensing presentations in years just before cutting their entire licensing department?
LOL - Was it the entire licensing department ? Oh right, they are gonna look externally then i guess. Well, i guess if the people who created and planned this new surge for the Muppet Babies won't actually be around to develop and control it it's not exactly going to help matters. Lets hope they all got legless at the post licensing show party.

Reaction score
I would love to see more Bear In The Big Blue House merchandise. Especially the hard to find stuffed toys!

:cry: :rolleyes:

Erine81981

Reaction score
tutterthegreat said:
I would love to see more Bear In The Big Blue House merchandise. Especially the hard to find stuffed toys!

:cry: :rolleyes:

U wouldn't believe it but a couple of months ago at GoodWill (thats where i work) We had some tutter plushes. One of him in a Forth of July set up and one of just him. Kinda of cool. I would have got him but at the time i was wasn't into bear and the rest of gang i would watch it but not get toys of them. I do have a small version of Bear sitting down. Well if i see any more i'll tell u.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nanco is releasing some small, medium and very large versions of the Bear in the Big Blue House plush.