Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Apparently the clip itself is no longer on YouTube, so all we have is this one that someone recorded off their TV screen, so you can't quite get an accurate representation of Artie's performance, but you get the idea:
Ah, I remember that performance! That's probably the closest Jim-esque impression I've heard.

Banjo man

Reaction score
Ah, I remember that performance! That's probably the closest Jim-esque impression I've heard.
This video shows a good comparison of all of Kermit's voices. (Well the quality on Steve's voice is a little bad because it was filmed at comic-con) But still a good comparison video...And it shows audio of Artie that does not sound like it was recorded on a phone.

Mario500

Reaction score
http://video.disney.com/watch/watch...ts-oh-my-disney-show-560bbb1e1c29c80766ffcd1e
Brian Henson and Dave Goelz talk The Muppet Christmas Carol... and completely omit any mention of Whitmire. I can accept the idea that Whitmire can be a jerk, but you cannot scrub him entirely from the legacy of the Muppets. I'm sorry, this is obnoxious.
Were you referring to the main subject of this discussion (Steve Whitmire)? If so, where did you get the idea that he was capable of being what being what you might consider to be a "jerk"?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if it's occured to anyone that part of the reason Kermit's head shape is different is because there's probably been different Kermit puppets over the years? I mean even if you look at Jim's Kermit, Kermit's head had a different shape in the 70s as it did the 80s - even a different body shape.

GrouchFanatic

Reaction score
Folks, like this here reply if you agree with what I have to say:

Disney clearly wouldn't know what's best for the Muppets if it kicked em in their heads!! I intend to do everything in my power to get Steve his job back!! I can't just let 38.5 years of vocal amazement be destroyed by that company of imbeciles!! & if I seriously have to even start a protest, so be it!! Who's with me??

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Your about 5 months to late

Disney clearly wouldn't know what's best for the Muppets if it kicked em in their heads!! I intend to do everything in my power to get Steve his job back!! I can't just let 38.5 years of vocal amazement be destroyed by that company of imbeciles!! & if I seriously have to even start a protest, so be it!! Who's with me??

ErinAardvark

Reaction score

As much as I would love it if Steve returned, I have to say it is not very likely. Disney is a huge corporation, and we could all protest until the cows come home, and they wouldn't listen.

DarthGonzo

Reaction score

Nobody, because this isn’t something you can change.

Deal with it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score

Yyyyeah. . . Good luck with that.