Sesame Street Season 47 Episode 4711 - Baby Bear Learns About Bees

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4711 - Baby Bear Learns About Bees
HBO Premiere: Saturday March 18, 2017
PBS Premiere: Monday March 26, 2018

Baby Bear is afraid of bees until Abby turns him and Chris into bees. Baby Bear and Chris learn just how amazing bees really are.

This episode features a street story from Season 40, Smart Cookies ("The World Pattycake Championships"), Ernie singing "I Wonder" and a new Elmo's World ("Bees").

If you saw "Baby Bear Learns About Bees" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I didn't think they had any long-form segments about bees, but sure enough, they use an unaired Smart Cookies from last season which has honey in it. It was pretty neat.

I'm still not a fan of the films, or how they're presented. "B is for Bees". The segment doesn't teach the letter B; it talks about bees, but not using B words. It feels like shoehorning.

And while I'm glad they used "I Wonder" again; I'm upset they cut out the bridge. If you have to trim the segment to fit in the show, don't use it and find something else.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The bookends for the show were fun. I especially liked seeing Baby Bear in the closing. The new Smart Cookies was good. I loved the Russian accent Eric gave his character. I also liked how this time, the Crumb showed up to reveal his prank. The new EW was fun. I liked seeing Smartie as a bee.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
And while I'm glad they used "I Wonder" again; I'm upset they cut out the bridge. If you have to trim the segment to fit in the show, don't use it and find something else.
Well, I'm glad they still use Steve's Ernie in repeated segments. Billy has done well with :stick_out_tongue: so far, but Steve has done a great job with the character for so many years, so it's good to get sketches like that one on the show every once in a while.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Baby Bear Learns About Bees" premieres on PBS this Monday March 26. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

An interesting note, PBS is airing this episode with the title "Big Bear Learns About Bees" instead of "Baby Bear Learns About Bees". You can see this as well at pbskids.org/tv-times.