Baby Bear

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
The fairy tale context always made Baby Bear's existence (as well as his family, for that matter) within the Sesame universe a little . . . unconventional for me to believe? I can't really think of any other way to put it, but I mean, all of the other Muppet characters are original to their universe, but Baby Bear is an already-existing character (and I suppose fairy tale characters are public domain).

Then again, I supposed it's not entirely unbelievable, considering the street has played host to a number of spastic fairy tale characters over the years - but somehow, Baby Bear was the only one who seemed to work as part of the regular Muppet family.
I forget about this a lot but, Abby's kind of part of the show's fairy-tale obsession too.

How much are y'all honestly willing to bet Baby Bear would have originally been a pumpkin orange AM bear had he debuted much earlier in the show?
Believe it or not, there was actually a variation on the bear family as far back as season 3:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I've seen that skit, I mean if he actually became a main character at that time, how long do you think it would have lasted.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder, when it comes to all the various different fairy tale characters out there, what made them decide to make Baby Bear (and his family) into a character?

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
I wonder if Baby Bear on Sesame Street was inspired in some way by the Baby Bear from "Rudolph's Shiny New Year." They both have a funny accent and that little tuft of hair on their head. In Sesame's case, though, the tuft came in much later, so I'll bet it was just a coincidence.