Your Thoughts: Muppet Central Radio on Radionomy

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Question: Why does the track listing skip some songs?

Been listening to MCR and the last few songs listed at RadioNomi are as follows:
"Trying And Trying Again" (Harvey Williams).
"Lady Be Good" (Floyd, Dr. Teeth, Zoot).
"Dinosaur Train" (Show Theme).
"God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" (Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby).
"Heaven On A Heartbeat" (Cats In Boots).
"let Your Feelings Show" (Gordon/Roscoe Orman).

First of all, how'd two non-Muppet songs get thrown into the tracklist, which never aired at all?
Secondly, the list completely skipped "The Train Back Home" (George Burns and Rowlf) that came after "Let Your Feelings Show".

Hope this helps sort things out. :confused:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
First of all, how'd two non-Muppet songs get thrown into the tracklist, which never aired at all?
The non-Muppet songs in the track list are because of this issue from a few months ago. They actually are Muppet songs. Radionomy's system is just changing the track info. We're doing what we can and are still hopeful this will be fixed in the future.

Secondly, the list completely skipped "The Train Back Home" (George Burns and Rowlf) that came after "Let Your Feelings Show".
Sometimes songs are skipped if the programmed schedule is running long. That's my hunch as to what happened.

fragglevision

Reaction score
Looks like you skipped the Jerry tribute again this year.. still holding out hope that you'll pull something together next time.

fragglevision

Reaction score
also, there's two other Fraggle cover albums besides the one with Kyle Andrews' "Count on Me" that I just heard. Will you be able to add them to your rotation? And do you have anything from the recent Muppet series besides the Christmas stuff?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
also, there's two other Fraggle cover albums besides the one with Kyle Andrews' "Count on Me" that I just heard. Will you be able to add them to your rotation?
We're already playing the first two Fraggle cover albums. We should have "Here to There" soon and will add those tracks in the near future.

And do you have anything from the recent Muppet series besides the Christmas stuff?
Yes, we're playing some songs from the series in addition to the Jack White single.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Was listening late last night and there were a lot of songs themed around sleep / night / space etc. Deliberate move or just a coincidence?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Was listening late last night and there were a lot of songs themed around sleep / night / space etc. Deliberate move or just a coincidence?
It's deliberate dayparting. There are many songs that play at specific times of the day based on content like morning, lunch, night, etc. so that you hear particular songs around the time of day that you're experiencing.

Keep in mind, this is based on CST/EST time, so the further your timezone is away from this, the less impact this will have.

Status
Not open for further replies.