Little things we've noticed

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One minor thing I've noticed in Liza Minelli's episode.When Gonzo performs his musical number with him and the others dressed in angel outfits,Floyd was among them.But right after the number,we see the audience chamber applauding,and Floyd appears in the orchestra pit.
I think that's happened a number of times. They reused the same audience shots many times, regardless of whether anybody in the audience or orchestra pit are on-stage. Though I don't know off-hand of any other instances where that has happened.

MuppetNostalgia said:
During the last part of the scene in TMM where Miss Piggy comes to Kermit's rescue in the barn,Kermit's tuxedo is ripped open,revealing his trademark collar to be missing.Yet when he temporarily lost his collar during TMS episode that guest starred Crystal Gayle,he was practically traumatized and felt naked.
Well he was still wearing clothes.

Reaction score
TMS episode guest starring Tony Randall:
During the goodnights when he explained to Kermit how Miss Piggy had turned to stone,by repeating magic words"zark zark chungle,clark clark jungle"and Kermit turned to stone.
Since this happened infront of the audience,I wonder why nobody in the audience turned to stone as well.

gravy

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone said this but in the opening theme, Sweetums's eyelash/eyelid is a little off.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Earlier this week I realized something about Muppets from Space that I don't think has been brought up before: The scientist played by David Arquette in Muppets from Space gets away with his mistreatment of Rizzo and the other rats.

Also, he's a jerk to them, and later on, when they save Gonzo, they attack Dr. Phil van Neuter, who reveals to hate rats, presumably because he's scared. I wonder if there was ever any consideration for both characters to be the same. It would make sense - this scientist who takes pleasure in making the rats take tests and bullies them, who ends up getting attacked by them. His line about hating rats could have been reworded to something like "I hate rats outside of cages". The attack would have been out of revenge as much as it would be to help Rizzo rescue Gonzo. Of course with Dr. van Neuter hating rats it makes sense he would not be too keen on conducting the tests. Then again, he could have been an assistant to the other scientist, acting a little scared of the rats while also mocking them a little.

It's also interesting how in Muppets from Space, we have rats, who speak English and act human, be made lab rats against their will, and later on, K. Edgar Singer gets Bobo to reveal something he knows by threatening to send him to the petting zoo or circus. And this is not only a bear who talks and acts human, but is also an employee.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Earlier this week I realized something about Muppets from Space that I don't think has been brought up before: The scientist played by David Arquette in Muppets from Space gets away with his mistreatment of Rizzo and the other rats.

Also, he's a jerk to them, and later on, when they save Gonzo, they attack Dr. Phil van Neuter, who reveals to hate rats, presumably because he's scared. I wonder if there was ever any consideration for both characters to be the same. It would make sense - this scientist who takes pleasure in making the rats take tests and bullies them, who ends up getting attacked by them. His line about hating rats could have been reworded to something like "I hate rats outside of cages". The attack would have been out of revenge as much as it would be to help Rizzo rescue Gonzo. Of course with Dr. van Neuter hating rats it makes sense he would not be too keen on conducting the tests. Then again, he could have been an assistant to the other scientist, acting a little scared of the rats while also mocking them a little.

It's also interesting how in Muppets from Space, we have rats, who speak English and act human, be made lab rats against their will, and later on, K. Edgar Singer gets Bobo to reveal something he knows by threatening to send him to the petting zoo or circus. And this is not only a bear who talks and acts human, but is also an employee.
You're right, Neuter and Arquette's character were could have been one. Except, Neuter was a lot less malicious and goofier.

cjd874

Reaction score
Rewatching the Raquel Welch episode of the Muppet Show...I noticed how no other Muppets were backstage during Raquel and Fozzie's duet "Confide in Me." If I were one of the Muppets, I'd be super envious if I saw or found out about that.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
On "Muppets Tonight," I noticed the back of Rizzo's jacket read "The Ratty Duke Show." I didn't notice that at first, I only saw it recently. But, being a fan of "The Patty Duke Show," I found that funny.

cjd874

Reaction score
Anyone else realize that Jerry Nelson has performed both Statler AND Waldorf? Jerry played Statler in the Muppets' Sex and Violence special, and again from 1993-2002. He also performed Waldorf (known then as P. Fenton Cosgrove) in a Muppet Meeting film from 1975.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
This took me awhile to notice, but I noticed how one of the never-ending falling curtains in "Another Opening, Another Show" with the picture on it is attached to a darker shade of color from the previous one.