Your earliest memories of Fraggle Rock

superboober

Reaction score
When do you first remember seeing it? I think I first caught a glimpse in either late 1983 or early 1984, around my second birthday. Either way, I was immediately and completely hooked; the characters and the world they inhabited drew me in and kept me rapt, so much so I wanted to keep coming back to it as often as possible. And for the remainder of the show's run, I did, to the point where HBO WAS the Rock (on which note, I was convinced at the time that thus Doc was a Home Box Office employee, which was how he got the job, and that because of this it was he who not only built but was in fact piloting the HBO starship seen in the network's classic movie intro; to my young mind, it seemed like something he would have created for them when they decided to shoot the sequence).

OscarandTelly

Reaction score
December 1987 on hbo for me. We got cable and hbo for a Christmas present. First part of an episode I ever saw was catch the tail by the tiger but I only saw like a minute of it. Then I caught the last few minutes of we love you Wembley. But the first full episode I saw was the challenge and I was instantly hooked. I usually watched the show every morning before school at 730. Fraggle rock left hip about 3 months later. But came to TNT not long after and I watched it religiously then. I had stopped watching sesame street in exchange for the Muppet show and Fraggle rock. Along with Popeye and bugs bunny which also aired on TNT back then.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
I think I might have first seen the Fraggles on A Muppet Family Christmas. It's one of the few Muppet productions with the Fraggles that has stayed consistently popular, whereas Fraggle Rock has more of a cult following. I think it was around 2012 when I started actually getting into the show, when I had discovered first that I had a DVD with the first 3 episodes on it, and then found some more on YouTube, then finally found the whole series on Netflix. Great times!

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
I think the first time I ever saw the original Fraggle Rock was somtime during the 1990's during a Disney Channel preview. My family just had basic cable, so I never had HBO. The first Fraggle Rock series I remember seeing was the animated one on NBC. I remember going to McDonald's and getting the Happy Meal toys (the only one we missed was Red, though). I didn't really get into Fraggle Rock heavily until fall of 2016, though.

gravy

Reaction score
I remembered watching and learning about it in a bunch of Henson documentaries, but never bothered watching it. It was only until a few years ago that I decided ''What the hey, let's binge this whole thing.'' I forced myself to watch the first five episodes and decide whether or not to watch the whole first season. So I did. And then I watched the rest. And it was worth it.

NLPuppetGuy

Reaction score
I had to be about 7 when I bought the complete series on DVD and binged it.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
A book my Grandma got me called What's a Fraggle? My mom says that I loved the book to pieces. Literally, because it ended up being worn out after so many times of reading it and my mom had to get another copy.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I remember stopping by a local library with my babysitter and rented a couple tapes in the late 90's.... Red ended being my fave character.

Dodo

Reaction score
I was very young when Fraggle Rock aired... The only thing I remembered was the theme song, as well as a vague memory of the trolls AKA gorgs. Strangely, those two things are what everyone else my age remembers as well (and no one else remembers that the trolls are called gorgs).