The New Am I The Only One Thread

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Am I the only one who dosen't care for Animal Crossing Pocket Camp? It seems like it's all the rage right now (I see a lot of people say they're addicted to it) but I thought it was boring, and this is coming from a huge Animal Crossing fan. I mean, it's cute and all, but there's just not a whole lot to do.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Am I the only one who dosen't care for Animal Crossing Pocket Camp? It seems like it's all the rage right now (I see a lot of people say they're addicted to it) but I thought it was boring, and this is coming from a huge Animal Crossing fan. I mean, it's cute and all, but there's just not a whole lot to do.
It’s a campsite and that’s it. I was expecting it to be just like the original game, but no.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Okay, you know how @D'Snowth says he was never a fan of SpongeBob?

Well.... Am I the only one who honestly couldn't get into Cow and Chicken? Not that it's a bad show.... I just couldn't get past the voices for the characters. Especially Cow.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, you're not. When I was a kid, I was practically the only one who liked Cow and Chicken (same with Rocko). There were some other exceptions, but it seemed like the general consensus back then was that the show was "stupid," and nobody really cared about it. When I think back on it, I think it was mainly because they never "got" the show's humor . . . and at the same time, now that I'm an adult and have abetter understanding of things, I realize that I didn't get it at the time either - it just simply entertained me - but hoo boy, do I get a lot of it now (again, same with Rocko).

On the other hand, however, Cow and Chicken was apparently really huge over in the U.K. for whatever reason: they even had all kinds of merchandise that America never got, like toys and such.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am I the only one who honestly used to be scared of the sound of blenders as a kid?

It was mainly due to a sensitivity to loud noises, but ugh.... I remember as a kid watching that Sesame Street cartoon with Maria counting objects and the sound of the blenders absolutely terrified me as they did in real life.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Blenders did nothing to me, but popping balloons would freak me out.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Balloons popping only made me sad as a kid since their time was up.... But yeah, it certainly is startling...

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The only time balloons made me sad:
I was five, my family went to this carnival. I had this big green balloon. Mom kept asking to tie it to my wrist so I don't lose it.
No, I'm a big boy, I insisted. I won't let go.
Went on all the rides, played games, had a hot dog or two, never let go.
At the end of the day, going back to the car, finally let go, and man! Those balloons can climb skyward real fast, can't they?
Cried the whole car trip home. Cold comfort from Mom
"Well, I told you so."
At least it didn't pop on me.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yup, been there, done that. I let go of a balloon in the gym at my elementary school (I forget what was going on there).... All the way up to the ceiling.

Definitely a life lesson, for sure.

On the subject of balloons.... I remember once thinking of an idea of a cartoon duo... A young boy (about the age of 10) who's best friend happens to be an anthramorphic balloon.... Idk, I could see this idea coming on Nick or Cartoon Network at some point....