Questions about anything

Oscarfan

Reaction score
UM, WHAT THE HECK??? QUESTIONS! I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS:

Funny, I just watched this episode tonight. Yeah, this was a weird one. Gumball tends to take on social issues from time to time, and this couldn't be more overt. Making it a Golden Girls spoof too was a weird choice too. But, this show always throws me for a loop (it's also really really good).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
In a sense, I'd say Grover, because all he want to do is just be super helpful to everybody, and yet usually something backfires with him in the process.
Mmm.... Good point. Though would you count the skits with Mr. Johnson in that case? Like, Grover trying to do his job yet just has no clue how to do it right?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe not to that extent, but say like older Super Grover inserts: he arrives (crashes, more like it) at the scene of whoever is distressed . . . and they're actually disappointed he arrived.

LITTLE BOY: Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's. . . .
SUPER GROVER: (Crashes) It's Super Grover.
LITTLE BOY: Oh rats!

I mean, even Frank has pointed this out: all Grover wants to do is be helpful to the point that certain contractions like "can't" and "won't" aren't even in his vocabulary.

It's hard for me to think of either Kermit or Mr. Johnson being considered Butt Monkeys, because they have tendancies to lose their patience with others, and in a way, kind of invite misfortune on themselves. Grover, on the other hand, is persistent and determined to help others, even if he doesn't know when to stop, so whatever misfortune he invites on himself is more pitiful.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Well, when you think about Kermit, alot of the times when he's trying to do a simple lecture or news story, everything goes haywire.

Mr. Johnson tries to just get something done simple and out of the way like get a photograph or getting something to read or get some food to eat (even though some of them are his own fault like pizzeria dos, the sandwich in the picture, and getting food at the airport at the last minute before getting on his plane) because Grover ends up ruining everything for him.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
True, but like I said, unlike Grover, Kermit and Mr. Johnson tend to lose their cool and fly off the handle as a result; Grover simply just doesn't (or does not) know when to stop.

But I mean, like the time Kermit gave Cookie a verbal tongue-lashing for ruining one of his lectures, even to the point of threatening to snitch on him to his mommy. "Oh no! Not me mommy!" I even remember they featured that bit in one of those "Teens React To" videos when teens were watching old school SS, and I remember one guy was like, "Wow! Kermit was a b!+c# back then!"

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Oooh, I'd have to check that out.

I will say Kermit was kind of a jerk in the first season, and at times, a bit of a know-it-all (like calling himself the "world's smartest frog"). I'm glad he was more fixed up by the third season.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
They make some good points on how sheltered society is today.... Like, the point they make on how everyone reads too much into stuff is spot on. It bugs me when it feels like something has to be watered down just because one single person is offended by something even if its intentions aren't even meant to be offensive in the first place.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Growing up in the age of video rental stores, it seems like the average video store didn't have games for Game Boy, Game Gear, or other handheld systems for rent (though I do recall one short-lived video store in my area that did have Game Gear games for rent). Anybody know why the handheld games were not made available for rent?

Though I have seen some 3DS games at Family Video, one of the few remaining mainstream video stores. In fact I was thinking about this today, thought I'd seen some games for rent there, and went to a Family Video JUST to see if I was right.