The Doctor Who Thread

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Welp, just saw the special early this morning and...

SPOILERS!

I thought it was pretty good. It was very heartwarming. There were some slower parts in the story, but I didn't find any part of it boring. The First Doctor being a sexist/homophobe didn't really get on my nerves like it did for some people, and it got a few laughs out of me. The only thing for me though is it was a bit too pronounced in the episode, and took away from what his character really was like in his episodes. But, David Bradley did a fantastic job. So I feel like they could've done a bit more with him. Seeing Bill again was nice, even if...
she was basically an alternate version of herself. So, the Bill that went off with her space girlfriend still doesn't know that The Doctor is alive.
Mark Gatiss was great as the captain, even if the reveal of his name was pretty predictable. Glad that The Doctor...
can remember Clara again, and we got to see her briefly
but for something that was such a huge plot point before, it seems Moffat wrapped it up pretty quickly. Also,
Nardole
is as funny as ever, and it was great to see him with his friends again. The regeneration scene was fantastic, every part of it, Eleven's is still my favorite, but this one was sad and exciting as these things should be. I was really upset at the beginning of the scene and kept wishing that I could rewind the episode just so Twelve could be there a little longer. I wasn't ready for him to go. Really, i'm still not ready, but i'm excited for the new Doctor. Seeing Jodie take over, from just two words and an insane grin, I instantly loved her.
All in all, not quite my favorite Christmas special, but i'm so glad it was quieter and less rushed than Time of The Doctor. I mean, I still like TOTD more, but i'm glad the story had room to breath. And it felt very fitting as an ending for both Capaldi's Doctor and Steven Moffat's era. It was a very Moffat-y episode in the best way possible.
I may have to give it a re-watch, but for the time being, i'm gonna give it a rating of 7/10

Also, I just realized,
Clara has been in more Christmas specials than any other companion, appearing in four, while Nardole is in second place with three

And i'm still really upset Kate Lethbridge-Stewart wasn't on the show at all this year.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I am so stoked for the new series with Jodie Whittaker in the fall! She looks like she's going to be fantastic! Personally, if I were Chris Chibnall, I would have gone down another route with her companions and instead of an older man as the main companion; I would have gotten a young pre-teen girl (around 11/12) and her dad. The Doctor would then be a sort of role model for the girl and her dad would just kind of be along for the ride. Maybe the dad would start to fall in love with the Doctor and the Doctor just says no or something. I dunno. :stick_out_tongue::stick_out_tongue: Anyway what do you guys want to see in the new series and what kind of personality do you think the 13th Doctor should have?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I would have gotten a young pre-teen girl (around 11/12) and her dad. The Doctor would then be a sort of role model for the girl and her dad would just kind of be along for the ride. Maybe the dad would start to fall in love with the Doctor and the Doctor just says no or something. I dunno.
I've often wondered what the show would be like with a pre-teen as the companion. The dynamic The Doctor has with children is often very fun and cute. I almost wish we could've gotten a few episodes with the younger Amy as the companion, before aging her up. Also, the superhero guy in The Return of Doctor Mysterio as we met him at the beginning of the episode. Wouldn't it have been interesting if The Doctor traveled with an awkward kid trying to come to terms with his superpowers?

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I've often wondered what the show would be like with a pre-teen as the companion. The dynamic The Doctor has with children is often very fun and cute. I almost wish we could've gotten a few episodes with the younger Amy as the companion, before aging her up. Also, the superhero guy in The Return of Doctor Mysterio as we met him at the beginning of the episode. Wouldn't it have been interesting if The Doctor traveled with an awkward kid trying to come to terms with his superpowers?
Yeah, that would be cool. I can see Capaldi's Doctor treating him as his grandson or something like that.

Speaking of, it would also be cool to bring the First Doctor's granddaughter Susan back one day. I actually had this fan "theory" I guess you could call it that the character Bradley Walsh was playing was a regenerated version of Susan that the Doctor finds on Earth. But then it was revealed his character's name is Graham.

Have you watched any Classic Doctor Who? :search:

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
So there was a rumor this week that Billie Piper was returning to Doctor Who, and I am SO glad that the rumor is not true. No offense to any Rose fans out there, but NO. I'm sorry. I do not like Rose. I mean, she's no Mel (if you watch Classic Doctor Who basically she was a very annoying awful companion with the 6th/7th Doctor.), but I still don't like her. I mean I think it was the writing that did her character wrong imo. The writers really wrote Rose some stupid lines, along with that annoying thing she did with her cheeks.

But enough of the Rose rant! :big_grin:

On another note, there's another rumor that the show is moving from a Saturday night to Sunday night, which I really don't care either way.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
On another note, there's another rumor that the show is moving from a Saturday night to Sunday night, which I really don't care either way.
Yeah, Sunday probably makes a lot of sense, ratings wise as there's less competition. Certainly we won't get the huge numbers that we got in 2008 (or the 13 million viewers they had for the Xmas special in 2007), but I want as many people to watch Jodie's first season as possible.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Yeah, Sunday probably makes a lot of sense, ratings wise as there's less competition. Certainly we won't get the huge numbers that we got in 2008 (or the 13 million viewers they had for the Xmas special in 2007), but I want as many people to watch Jodie's first season as possible.
I have a feeling that Jodie's first episode will have a TON of more views than normal!

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
So I just stumbled upon this:

Honestly this is the best video for all the regenerations post Capaldi.

Ugh, Capaldi's regeneration still chokes me up a little. :cry:

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I LOVE THE NEW SERIES LOGO!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::smile::smile::smile::flirt::flirt::flirt::flirt:
Wow, I just realized I'm the only one who posts in this thread nowadays. :smirk::frown: