The new What Made You Smile Today thread

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I rarely ever say this but I honestly don't know how I feel about tonight's Robot Chicken episode. It's one of the few episodes they've ever made that made me feel disturbed/weirded out after I got done watching it rather than laughing. I can't quite put my finger on what bugged me about this one though. There wasn't anything about God in there, none of the skits reminded me of personal issues (sometimes skits will bother me because they remind me of scary/sad moments in my life), they didn't make fun of any celebrities I respect in a harsh way, etc. So what bothered me about this episode? It's probably because there was too many crude/dark skits this time around. I like a little bit of that stuff but episodes where every single skit ends in either death or vulgarity normally end up putting a bad taste in my mouth. I still like the show very much but this episode just got a little much for me with it's excessive inappropriateness. I would've at least wanted to see ONE clean skit in there.
Okay, so I'm rewatching the episode right now and I take back everything I said about it. I've come to the conclusion that I wasn't in the right mindset. Right before the show came on, I was watching some really disturbing creepypasta video which put me in that horror mindset. So then I turn on Robot Chicken and see all kinds of dark scenes some of which were similar to what was being described in the creepypasta I just finished 5 seconds ago (It was called 1999 by the way. It's really well written but highly disturbing). I guess it's the kind of show that I have to be in that goofy mindset to truly enjoy because right now I'm laughing my butt off at some this stuff. Whenever my mind is set on serious things, Robot Chicken's style of humor puts me on edge because of how twisted it can be at times. So from this point on, no more creepypastas on Sunday evening! lol

Last edited:

gravy

Reaction score
TOM HANKS IS GOING TO BE PLAYING MISTER ROGERS IN A NEW BIOPIC. GIVE HIM THE OSCAR ALREADY.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
OMG, I didn't know I wanted that! First Walt Disney, and now this. He's playing everyone's childhood.
HE SHOULD PLAY JIM HENSON NEXT!
no, that guy from the history's greatest battles should play Jim Henson ,if there will ever be a movie biopic about him .