Underrated TV

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Speaking of Thomas and shows moving to Nickelodeon. Anyone hear about Thomas moving from PBS to Nick?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I heard about that.

Though once upon a time, Shining Time Station was on Nick Jr... Mainly to promote Thomas and the Magic Railroad when it came to theaters in 2000.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I heard about that.

Though once upon a time, Shining Time Station was on Nick Jr... Mainly to promote Thomas and the Magic Railroad when it came to theaters in 2000.
And, ain't that just the story of Shining Time Station's whole existence.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yup. Many fans have claimed the movie was too Americanized.

I, for one, always liked the Shining Time crossover.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Reminds me of when I saw this stupid Thomas fan whining about the American dubs being unnecessary.

Unnecessary? Sure, but Thomas isn't the only deported kid's show that has a separate dub for American audiences. It's fans like him that try and make Thomas look like this show you can't mess with in ANY way (even if I'm not a big fan of the CGI era).
Many American preschool shows get British dubs when exported across the pond, too. Blue's Clues even replaced Steve with a British guy named Kevin.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
For real? It kinda fits better on there, but ouch for PBS.
Yeah, it's really sad. First Sesame Street and now this. I guess shows just really need to find a new home if they want to survive, PBS isn't doing too well and it's future is becoming more and more uncertain.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
"Be nothing. PBS" *intelligent sounding music plays. Fade to black.
*Fade in
Announcer voice: And now it's time for The Ghost of Mr. Rogers. Funding for The Ghost of Mr. Rogers is provided by viewers like... NONE OF YOU! YOU UNGRATEFUL HIPPIE SCUMS! FOR GOD'S SAKE WE LOST SESAME STREET TO THE NETWORK THAT SHOWS GAME OF THRONES! *clears throat Thank you!

Last edited: