Favorite games of 2017 and 2018

DePingPong

Reaction score
Wanted to start somesort of discussion about the games people here have played from 2017 and 2018 (so far..)

For 2017 my list of favorites would be;
Sonic Mania - this game is absolutely amazing, that's all that needs to be said. My personal game of the year for 2017.
Super Mario Oddysey - wonderful, tons of fun all around, so many hours of fun times.
Sonic Forces - not what I expected it to be, but still had a load of fun

For 2018;
Dragon Ball FighterZ takes the cake, this game is smooth as butter and is a great tribute to the series.

Let me know what you guys think.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Mario/Rabbids is an underrated gem and always will be; it satisfied me way more than Odyssey and I've put about 15 more hours into it, and the single player took significantly longer to complete.

Mario Odyssey was nice, but I would be lying if I said it didn't disappoint me. These single player, pure platformer Mario games are becoming tired to me, and I would much enjoy if the entire game was an adventure/platformer that took place in the Mushroom Kingdom... Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Birdo, Donkey Kong... anyone remember these characters? It also would've been perfect if the Koopalings replaced the Broodals.

I'll give Odyssey an 8/10, whereas I don't see any reason not to give Rabbids a 10; that game oozes creativity and passion. Odyssey was great, but it should've been better; so many missed opportunities - how about a King Kong-type battle where Mario would capture a plane and DK would climb a building in New Donk City: it would be you and Bowser vs. DK, but you wouldn't necessarily be helping each other.

There were so many other games that pleased me: PUBG, Friday the 13th, Cuphead, Battlefront II - 2017 was easily one of the best years in gaming since the '90s.

DePingPong

Reaction score
Cuphead was great, only played a little bit of it but I liked it a lot.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I've never played Cuphead (I've heard it's really hard... :embarrassed:), but I love how it uses hand drawn animation to look like an old cartoon from the 30's. It's very unique and is a nice change from the pixel art style that many other "indie" games use (not that I don't like the pixel style, but I'd like to see some more variety).