Little things we've noticed

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yes, Mr. Noodle, not Mr. Noodle's Brother Mr. Noodle, or Mr. Noodle's Other Brother Mr. Noodle, or Mr. Noodle's Sister Miss Noodle, or Mr. Noodle's Other Sister Miss Noodle, or Mr. Noodle's Poodle Schmoodle.
Or Mr. Noodle's other other brother Mr. Noodle, or Mr. Noodle's other, other sister Ms. Noodle.

Seriously, at least one of their parents was really busy.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I noticed interestingly enough how Mr. Johnson has ordered a burger at Charlie's at least four times.

....and the only time he gets one is when he doesn't want one. :stick_out_tongue:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Does anyone ever notice how whenever the orange gold Muppet has a round nose in different color, their heads actually look a little fatter?

Or is it just me?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ehh . . . I always have trouble accepting the orange gold AM as anything but Guy Smiley.

Except for, perhaps, Monty.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Ehh . . . I always have trouble accepting the orange gold AM as anything but Guy Smiley.

Except for, perhaps, Monty.
Can understand that. I remember being super mind blown seeing Don Music and Guy Smiley in a skit together... Probably because they both have matching AM pattern pointy noses.

cjd874

Reaction score
I noticed interestingly enough how Mr. Johnson has ordered a burger at Charlie's at least four times.

....and the only time he gets one is when he doesn't want one. :stick_out_tongue:
Which skit are you referring to? I recall that one time, Grover used rhyming to help him remember the order ("Round and tasty on a bun, pickles and French fries...yum yum yum!"), and in another classic bit Grover brought Mr. Johnson a tiny burger and then a colossal one that broke down the doors. I don't remember the other two sketches, however.

Can understand that. I remember being super mind blown seeing Don Music and Guy Smiley in a skit together... Probably because they both have matching AM pattern pointy noses.
That Mystery Guest skit has one of the most unusual character selections I've ever seen: Guy Smiley, Don Music, Cookie Monster, and Sherlock Hemlock! Aside from large ensemble skits or songs, I can't think of anything else with such a diverse group of Muppets.

And speaking of Anything Muppets, I used to believe that only one type of each AM puppet had been built for the show, so I didn't think that multiple versions of Fat Blue, Pumpkin, or Orange Gold existed. Imagine my surprise when I saw three Lavender-type Muppets together...Biff, the Count, and Rodeo Rosie were in a Season 8 cast photo.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Inserts that have a large number of AMs in the background generally will show at least two of the same pattern. Then you've got "Kids Just Love to Brush," which, IIRC, has four each of the lavender, green, and mini-pink AMs.

But I'm sure having multiples of the same AM pattern comes in handy, say one of them was to get damaged and had to go in for repairs, they'd have spares on-hand to use in the meantime. While not usually seen on camera, I know they had multiple Rowlf's and Kermit's at one point.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Which skit are you referring to? I recall that one time, Grover used rhyming to help him remember the order ("Round and tasty on a bun, pickles and French fries...yum yum yum!"), and in another classic bit Grover brought Mr. Johnson a tiny burger and then a colossal one that broke down the doors. I don't remember the other two sketches, however.
I'm referring to Charlie's birthday and the tomato surprise skits.