Questions about anything

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My feelings are the Shrek movies are:

1. Pretty good. Everything that needed to be established was: we were introduced to the characters, how they came together, and why they are the way they are.
2. The best one in the series. Everything about it was perfect: storytelling and flow, the continuation of character arcs, the introduction of newer characters, the animation and visual effects, the soundtrack, everything.
3. Okay . . . I'd say it too is better than the first, but not as good as the second . . . honestly, it felt like to me they were going more for laughs than anything with this one, so it feels more like comedy filler than anything.
4. Interesting. You kind of get a sense that the magic that once was had already fizzled out, so this was both weak and strong at the same time: it was weak in that, again, the spark wasn't there anymore; it was strong because they supposedly had plans for further movies after this, which would have been too much overkill, so ending it here was a better choice.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Here are my ratings of all the DreamWorks Animation movies I've seen. Keep in mind that there's certain movies I haven't seen yet, so don't ask me "Where is X":
The Prince of Egypt: No rating for now, because I haven't seen it in a very long time.
The Road to El Dorado: 7.5/10
Chicken Run: 8.5/10
Shrek: 9/10
Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron: 8/10
Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas: Same as The Prince of Egypt.
Shrek 2: 9/10
Shark Tale: 4/10
Madagascar: 6.5/10
Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit: 9.5/10
Over the Hedge: 7/10
Flushed Away: 8/10
Shrek the Third: 6/10
Bee Movie: 6/10
Kung Fu Panda: 9.5/10
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa: 7.5/10
Monsters Vs. Aliens: 8/10
How to Train Your Dragon: 10/10
Megamind: 8.5/10
Madagascar: Europe's Most Wanted: 9/10
Home: 6.5/10
Trolls: 7/10

D'Snowth

Reaction score
An often-forgotten DW movie is MOUSEHUNT, mainly because it was a live action movie, but the slapstick and physical comedy in that movie is incredibly cartoonish. It's a good one though, and as a kid, was my first exposure t Christopher Walken.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Another thing I've noticed about The Boss Baby is that it appears to be set no later than the '90s. There wasn't a single smartphone I remember seeing in there, let alone a flip-up cell phone. Coco was the same way, the most modern things being the emo skeleton at the talent competition and the techno music blaring during Ernesto's party. Makes for more effective storytelling when you don't have cell phones and the Internet being easily able to solve everything.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As long as you leave out modern technology, or don't set the story in a specific time period, you can easily make a piece of work timeless.

They tried so very hard to do this with HOME ALONE, but unfortunately, with the advent of cellphones and what have you, it has become dated.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So.

For the first time.... My Mac actually has a virus. It was from trying to torrent Twice Upon a Time off piratebay. (While I love John Korty's animation and checking out that movie has been on my to do list for quite a while, I'm also not the type who likes to physically own something before watching it). Because I reformatted my drive beforehand, it went back to an old version and it's been a real ******* pain trying to get it back up to date, so I think that's why I got the virus.

Thankfully though I managed to get an appointment with the Apple store to see how to fix it. But for the time being, are there any programs anyone knows for Apple that I can use for free?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Downloading from PirateBay was not harmful or anything, but it did cause one of my drives to run out of storage very easily.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
So.

For the first time.... My Mac actually has a virus. It was from trying to torrent Twice Upon a Time off piratebay. (While I love John Korty's animation and checking out that movie has been on my to do list for quite a while, I'm also not the type who likes to physically own something before watching it). Because I reformatted my drive beforehand, it went back to an old version and it's been a real ******* pain trying to get it back up to date, so I think that's why I got the virus.

Thankfully though I managed to get an appointment with the Apple store to see how to fix it. But for the time being, are there any programs anyone knows for Apple that I can use for free?
Twice Upon A Time!!!!
Believe it or not, this was shown once when Cartoon Network was in its infancy.
Mr. Spimm's Cartoon Theatre would show (Sunday nights, if memory serves me well) semi-obscure non_Disney features like this. It was great- for a while.

Then somewhere along the way CN became the Scooby Network, and Mr. Spimm, theatrical shorts, and obscure Hanna-Barbera shows fell by the wayside.
It was a glorious time. But if you blinked, you missed it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Must have been before the 2000's I'm guessing. I know it was also shown on HBO a few times.

Too bad my local library didn't have the VHS even if it was the censored version. I could have easily seen myself rocking out to "Heartbreak Town" and being super mind blown by the animation.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
@fuzzygobo

Since I know you've checked out Mst3k (or at least heard of it), you should definitely check out this parody video I made of the show in the style of the movie's opening, if you haven't already seen it on another thread where I mentioned it.