Questions about anything

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So.

For the first time.... My Mac actually has a virus. It was from trying to torrent Twice Upon a Time off piratebay. (While I love John Korty's animation and checking out that movie has been on my to do list for quite a while, I'm also not the type who likes to physically own something before watching it). Because I reformatted my drive beforehand, it went back to an old version and it's been a real ******* pain trying to get it back up to date, so I think that's why I got the virus.

Thankfully though I managed to get an appointment with the Apple store to see how to fix it. But for the time being, are there any programs anyone knows for Apple that I can use for free?
Yyyyeah, torrents are never a good idea.
Believe it or not, this was shown once when Cartoon Network was in its infancy.
Mr. Spimm's Cartoon Theatre would show (Sunday nights, if memory serves me well) semi-obscure non_Disney features like this. It was great- for a while.
It was shown a couple of more times on Cartoon Network: in the fall of 1998 (the promo for it is on YouTube), and again in the summer of 1999.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yyyyeah, torrents are never a good idea.
Psssh, yeah. Says the guy with a Windows computer. :shifty:

No, in fairness, you're not wrong. I've learned that myself when I had Windows. I've torrented a few times off piratebay with my Mac with no issues (same with my friend Mike who also has a Mac; he actually introduced me to the site). Macs aren't as prone to viruses as Windows are; I'm still convinced I only got it because it's not up to date. But, honestly, **** it. After today, I'm just gonna buy the DVD online. Rare instance.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
okay maybe it was shown more than once.
Maybe twice upon a time. 8)

But I do miss the days when CN tried to bring as much diverse stuff in as possible. Not just one Scooby block (or fill in the appropriate franchise of your choice) after another.

Boomerang started out the same way, then kinda fizzled as well.

Same with retro cable channels.
Nick at Nite, TVLand, AntennaTV, Hub, now MeTV and Cozi, all started out great with lineups of shows you couldn't find anywhere else, but they get a little stagnant before too long.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When sports teams have all male players, the cheerleaders are all female.

So how come lady sports teams don't have all male cheerleaders?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
In fairness though, I say let men dress up as cheerleaders.

I've dressed up in women's clothing before and have no regrets.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I dressed up as a female character one Halloween when a was a kid.

To be fair, it's not like their genders were easy to determine anyway.

mr3urious

Reaction score
When sports teams have all male players, the cheerleaders are all female.

So how come lady sports teams don't have all male cheerleaders?
Are powder puff events still a thing at American high schools?