Stephanie D'Abruzzo responds about Caroll Spinney

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I'm 99.9% sure he'll stay till Season 50. Doesn't make sense if he quits now if he's this close to making it to 50 years.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Years ago, he said he intended to stay on board until he physically can't hold Big Bird's head up anymore.

Since reaching that point in life, he then began saying he intends to stay on board till Season 50.

As far as I know from speaking with the castmembers at the Fanboy Expo, plans for Season 50 have already been in the works, and knowing how far in advance they tape SS, they'll probably start taping Season 50 before we know it. As I said, if Caroll has plans to retire after Season 50, and with Season 50 coming up soon, then this Farewell Tour of his makes sense.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
It'll be extremely sad to see Carroll not involved at all with Sesame Street anymore. :frown::wisdom:

Schfifty

Reaction score
Yeah, that's just the way it is. With how long the show's been going, the old-timers are going to have to move on at some point.

I do hope Caroll can stick around for the 50th season. Not only would that be a tremendous accomplishment for him, but also for the whole television industry. Very few people have managed to stay on a series for at least 50 years.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Carroll is 83/84 the man can now retire yes it is gonna be different without him but he man is allowed to retire

And I think the henson children should have rehired Steve whitmire because he won't be around forever either

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
Carroll is the last of the original cast still active on the show. That’s pretty special.
On that note, anyone know if Dick Maitland's still doing the sound effects? I know he has gotten around to doing other projects after Sesame Street, but he has been doing Sesame Street's sound effects since the beginning, if I recall right.