Dealing with depression and anxiety

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
You don't want to burn your bridges, or do anything to them out of spite. You have every right to look for something else, but don't leave on bad graces if you can help it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To be honest.

Lately I've been feeling like I just want to be passed out on the floor drunk. :smirk:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So I just want to mention as a follow up to my post on my job at mobile cuts:

After a long month hiatus, I'm back, and we also have a few new interns: One that does social media, the other does graphics.

But anyway, this is something I'd like to mention in regards to depression and anxiety.

To be honest, after what happened with one of my real life former friends, it really just only adds to the trust issues I have in real life. :smirk: like everyone we know on here or in real life could just drastically change at any second.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I have debilitating OCD... not the kind concerned with germs or washing your hands or stuff, but mental ruminations -- paralysis by analysis-type stuff; it stopped me from going to college. Sometimes I wonder if we're on a guided track in life.

I just wanted to point out that everyone's got problems, but the reason why is beyond me... what a novel concept for life to be carefree, ya know? The whole issue is humans have so many errors but the world wants us to be like robots.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Well, the closest I see to robotic behavior is groups of young people in a restaurant texting each other, despite the fact the person they're texting is right next to them. No eye contact, heads down, blurry thumbs.
Yes we all have challenges in life. We all have obstacles to overcome. Some have physical or mental handicaps. Nobody has it carefree. And life is not meant to be easy. Every day will mean dealing with something.

But we have choices in how we handle our lot in life.
Anxiety is fear, and fears can be conquered. It takes work, but it can be done.

We also have the choice of how we accept our circumstances.
Case in point. Two weeks ago, I fell on ice and broke my hip.
Spent a week in the hospital (got a steel rod from my right hip to my knee). Painful as anything.
Right now, I can stand with assistance, but can't walk, drive, work,
Can't even go to the bathroom on my own.
One split second my whole life changed.
Today starts my second week of rehab.

I could collapse in a puddle and give up.
I could feel sorry for myself.
I could skip therapy, because it can be painful.
But what good does any of that do? Nothing.
Every day in therapy, I see myself getting stronger, being able to do a little more than yesterday.

Yesterday with help of therapists and a crutch, I climbed stairs.
Getting my confidence back. Facing and conquering fears. Dealing with pain. Knowing my future will not be the same as before.

But I'm not giving up. I have too much to live for.
I owe it to my wife, I owe it to those that support me, and I owe it to ME.
I won't have a carefree life after all this, but I don't have to live with fear either.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Thank you both. It's going to be a while, but so far things are going well. Therapy pushes me a little more each day, and that will serve me well.

For anybody that has struggled with fear (and if you're human, that includes you), fears can be overcome. It starts by facing up to them and pushing through them.
For some it might be the hardest thing you might ever do. But there is nothing more empowering than seeing your fears conquered. You stood up to it and killed it. There is a lot of freedom in that.