The New Am I The Only One Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So, am I the only one who, despite not being a morning person (at all), thinks sunrises actually look prettier than sunsets? I don't know how to describe it in words, but, there's some kind of a soothing, pleasant glow about sunrises compared to the more harsh and glaring look of a sunset.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am I the only one who's never touched a frog or a toad and can easily say it's not on my bucket list?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I honestly can't remember if I've ever touched either one at one point when I was a kid . . . and you know what? I probably never have. Because as a kid, there was that stigma that touching a frog or a toad would give you warts, so that would have freaked me out.

I've had a wart removed from my finger once as a kid . . . hurt like Hades. Took years for the scar to disappear.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Well, frogs have mucus they produce to help them breathe above water. You actually shouldn't touch them because skin oils can get in the mucus and give them an infection I heard. None the less, slimy stuff grosses me out, so I've never had the urge to touch one (plus, frog phobia).

Toads I heard can give you warts. I had one on my big toe on my right foot when I was.... 9? I think. Having to get it sprayed was not fun. My mom had to hold me down.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
My bad, they use a type of liquid to freeze the wart, I remember now. Which technically they first have to spray on.

But, yeah. It really sucked that I had to go to school afterwards because I was NOT in a happy mood. :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As I recall, they used some kind of a little tiny nozzle that was hooked up to a hose or wire of some sort connected to a big machine, and basically, the nozzle was placed onto the wart, and pretty much felt like they were electrocuting my finger. Then for several days afterward, the wart looked like a big, bloody, dried up booger stuck to the side of my finger, and I had to just let it fall off little pieces at a time.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Why is it that I never want to take a shower, but when I actually get in the shower I don't wanna leave?