Bad Baby Names

somethingofafan

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg said:
The worst names are the ones nobody can pronounce. Take mine, for instance: Guillermo. I'm not even gonna begin to describe the various misspellings/mispronouncings I've been subjected to.:eek:
Really, I thought ghee-air-moe was really easy to pronounce (but then again, I'm a Spanish major)

I've never had trouble with people mispronouncing my name, but spelling sometimes gives them fits. Apparently whoever wrote that famous spelling rhyme never knew anyone named "Keith". Even my dad has trouble with that one on occasion, and it's his middle name, too. My last name has an x in the middle, and I frequently see well-meaning people transcribe it "cks".

Super Scooter

Reaction score
somethingofafan said:
Really, I thought ghee-air-moe was really easy to pronounce (but then again, I'm a Spanish major)
I thought it was "Guill" rhymes witrh Quill. ...

I'm going to go now.

SuprGro78

Reaction score
My name is Richelle, not too complicated. It's the same as Michelle, but begins with R, right? Not so I have been called everything from Rachel, to Raquel, Rochelle, and even my favorite Rickell like don rickels but minus the s. That's how ET said my name at Universal once. It's also what some telemarketer called me. (I didn't switch to MCI)

Her's a bad idea, a friend of mine, Her last name is Deyo (pronounced day-o) and she said she seriously considered naming a child Doris.

My father wanted to name my brother Barry Goldwater his name is Shawn instead thank god.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
BTW, I knew a girl and guy who were really weird and wanted to name their child Cally Ally Bently. They said it would work for a boy or a girl. When the baby was finally born, they chose Vincent Drake Bently.

tiggie0686

Reaction score
My aunt is a teacher and used to have a student named Peter Pan (from an Asian family).

The name Concepcion (it's a spanish name) receives weird looks in English speaking societies. It was my "name" in Spanish class in 9th grade.

And my 7th grade English/History teacher once had a student from somewhere in Asia named Phuk. Needless to say, poor Phuk got picked on incessantly.

jediX

Reaction score
An old friend of mine's little brother was named "Sky Walker [lastname]". He has since disgraced that name :embarrassed:

tiggie0686

Reaction score
Actually, so this isn't exactly bad, but my friend had parents who decided to make her and her sister's names play on words (but not the "Crystal Shanda Lear" kind of name that makes you wanna cringe).

So I have a friend who's first name is Emma and her middle name is Lee: Emma Lee.

And her older sister's name is Lily and her middle name is Ann: Lily Ann.

Kinda cool, in my opinion. :cool: