Official: Disney announces Muppet Babies return in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I'm glad that there isn't a Baby Pepe; personally I don't think that would work. Pepe is more of an "adult" Muppet if you know what I mean.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
One thing I'm surprised about (and surprised I didn't think about sooner) is that, as far as we know, there's not going to be a Baby Pepe.
Don't count it out; there's so much unknown. If I hadn't spotted Lew Zealand, Sam and Sweetums for a second in that picture on the wall we wouldn't have known about them either. My guess for this show is that it will have a smaller core but more Muppet guests, like some episodes will focus on certain characters.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm glad that there isn't a Baby Pepe; personally I don't think that would work. Pepe is more of an "adult" Muppet if you know what I mean.
Yeah, it could like, get rully weird if the Muppet with a "sexy" Spanish accent and who flirts with everything was on this show.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Wow, I am pleasantly surprised. This really seems like it's gonna be fun, honestly. Didn't like every single song, but there were only 2 or 3 I wasn't a fan of. Just gonna roughly point out some things I noticed. Spoilers below!

- The theme song is well preserved, and I really do like the changes.
- Summer's detective song is probably one of my favorites - especially surprising, since I didn't expect to like her character.
- It seems like there's some frog character named Carlos? Must be another new character.
- Bunsen sounds a lot like Foop from Fairly OddParents, definitely played by Eric Bauza.
- Gonzo sounds like Wembley Fraggle, which is bugging me a little, but I'm sure I'll adapt.
- Apparently, Rizzo, Statler & Waldorf, and Rowlf will be on the show, which is absolutely awesome. Still no word on Scooter and Skeeter, outside of a picture on the wall.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Listening to the album, I feel like this shows Baby Gonzo sounds like a Steve Whitmire character. I keep hearing Wembly Fraggle (as well as Bean Bunny and Rizzo, but I think of Wembley the most) when I hear him talk.

Little Robin

Reaction score
I love the idea of reviving old favorites for new generations to enjoy.
I gave those tracks a listen and am more impressed than not with the voice cast, particularly Animal.
I feel like this could be fun.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
You know what? This show could be a win-win. Frank Oz always complains about the Muppets being too cute... well here is the perfect situation for them to be cute in.

I noticed Rugratskid pointed out Bunsen was in one of the songs. Does anyone else appear (since I'm too lazy to comb through every song)?

Status
Not open for further replies.