New documentary on Mr. Rogers

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Last edited:

snichols1973

Reaction score
Today, February 27, happens to be the anniversary of when everyone's favorite neighbor passed on to that great big neighborhood in the sky...:cry:

Are anyone else's local PBS TV stations airing a special week of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood in rememberance?

Today, the special episode of Arthur, with special guest Fred Rogers, is airing on PBS in memoriam....

Yesterday, the "Death of a Goldfish" episode from the early pre-PBS N.E.T. years (March 23, 1970) where the set had brown walls instead of blue ones aired, with Mr. Rogers burying a fish and having a heartfelt talk about missing loved ones...:cry:

When you consider the impact he had on daytime TV and the gentle way he had with encouraging children to talk about their feelings, I guess it isn't just me wishing that classic episodes were rerun a bit more frequently...

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Today, February 27, happens to be the anniversary of when everyone's favorite neighbor passed on to that great big neighborhood in the sky...:cry:

Are anyone else's local PBS TV stations airing a special week of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood in rememberance?

Today, the special episode of Arthur, with special guest Fred Rogers, is airing on PBS in memoriam....

Yesterday, the "Death of a Goldfish" episode from the early pre-PBS N.E.T. years (March 23, 1970) where the set had brown walls instead of blue ones aired, with Mr. Rogers burying a fish and having a heartfelt talk about missing loved ones...:cry:

When you consider the impact he had on daytime TV and the gentle way he had with encouraging children to talk about their feelings, I guess it isn't just me wishing that classic episodes were rerun a bit more frequently...
I wonder if NHPBS is doing anything to honor him...