Happy 35th Anniversary to Fraggle Rock!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
One of Jim Henson's three main shows Fraggle Rock premiered on this day 35 years ago!
So, here's the place to share your thoughts on the show, memories, your favorite moments, favorite episodes, songs, characters. It's just a place to celebrate one of the best shows out there!
:smirk: :excited: :dreamy: :sigh: :coy: :drool: :busy:

Banjo man

Reaction score
What can I say about this amazing show that hasn't been said. I was introduced the the Fraggle gang thanks to the power of DVD players. I sadly was not around when the show came out but I had a lot of great memories with this show. The characters are so lovable. I love it from beginning to end. Happy 35th birthday Fraggles :smirk::dreamy::coy::sigh::excited::drool::busy:

animalrescuer

Reaction score
The best Henson show in my opinion! My earliest memories of the show is borrowing videos like Meet the Fraggles and The Fraggle Search and Find from a library when I was still living in Florida, I loved it! Back then, I didn't like it as much as I do now, I think The Muppet Show and Sesame Street was still number one then. Then when the Odyssey Channel was around, I'd watch the first half of each episode before my brother and I went to school.

Now that I'm an adult, I appreciate the show much, much more now. Fraggle Rock has never failed to cheer me up.

Happy Anniversary, Fraggle Rock!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I first came across Fraggle Rock when I was seven. I had absolutely no idea it existed when we were out shopping I saw a DVD with a peculiar cover. There were all these colorful creatures on the front, in a cave. I wondered if it had anything to do with the Muppets, and sure enough, there was Jim Henson's name at the top. My mother told me she watched the show as a teenager. I was shocked! How could another Muppet show have existed all this time and I didn't know about it?
I immediately became obsessed with it, with seeing a single episode. That night when we got home, excited about my discovery, I decided to draw some of the characters completely by memory! The designs that stood out to me the most were that of Red and Boober's. So, despite only seeing the characters once, and having no pictures to use as a reference, I drew the pair. And it was actually a pretty good picture, I wish I had kept it.
I soon became obsessed with seeing some part, any part of this show. Unfortunately, YouTube was very small at the time, and lacking in third-party clips. But I asked for the DVD for Christmas a few months later, and I got it!
At first I thought the show was boring, but it grew on my over the next few years, and now it's one of my favorite shows ever. I have the whole show on DVD, and that day when I was seven really changed my life. It's funny how you can be just living your life, going about your business, when all of a sudden something changes you forever. You have no idea when it's going to happen. I guess that's one of the fun things to look forward to in life (or dread, like Boober does).

LOL, this post is too long. I have no idea why I shared all that. Just feeling nostalgic, I guess. :stick_out_tongue:

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Nothin' like a long post to make your eyes glaze over! Have fun reading mine!

From my recollection, my first introduction to "Fraggle Rock" was the 1987 animated version, and the McDonald's Happy Meal toys (unfortunately, we missed out on Red). My family only had basic cable, so I never saw the show during it's original run. The first time I saw the live-action show was either on a Disney Channel preview, but I can't tell you what the episode(s) was/were, because I don't remember, or a rerun of "The Muppet Family Christmas" (again, I don't remember). My sister bought the season sets in like 2013 or 2014, or sometime around there, because she had an interest in it, but gave up on it after awhile (that's how my sister is). Her loss is my gain, though. She gave me her discs, and the Manhattan Toy versions of the plushies (she likes to have things uniform, and she said this was the only decent Mokey she could find. Mokey is her favorite character).

As far as I go, I got into "Fraggle Rock" immensely in 2016 when I first watched the DVD's. You know I'm going to get into "obsession mode" with something when I want to write a fanfic, and so I wrote my first Fraggle Rock fanfic titled "The White Monster" (my avatar is based on that fanfic, actually, so you can basically see what "The White Monster" is about). So far, I've written a total of seven "Fraggle Rock" fanfics (this number includes "The White Monster") between 2016 and 2017. My favorite character is Wembley, because I just find him so absolutely adorable! My second favorite character is Red for reasons unknown. I also like using a background Fraggle named Lou (from the episode "We Love You Wembley") in my fanfiction. She had a major role in my fanfic, "The Chosen Fraggle." All of my Fraggle Rock fanfic is on Fanfiction.net if you'd like to read it. Two or three of them have also been posted here on the fanfic section of this forum. Here are my ten favorite episodes on no particular order:

1. Pebble Pox Blues
2. The Wizard of Fraggle Rock
3. We Love You, Wembley
4. The Secret Society of the Poobahs
5. Gone But Not Forgotten
6. The Secret of Convincing John
7. Playing Till It Hurts
8. Sidebottom Blues
9. The Riddle of Rhyming Rock
10. Space Frog Follies

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I recall my first time seeing the series...it may have been on HBO. Yet I don't recall the episode in question...I think :dreamy: was in it.

Either way this was a truly fantastic show and with great characters and similar to Sesame Street, this show had a message and this time around the message was more about the Environment around us at times.

This show as also Jerry Nelson's time to truly shine as :smirk:. Just pure amazing moments with that character. I still Miss Jerry and his singing.

Thanks for 35 years and personal favorite episode had to be the Cotterpin ones, especially the Cavern of Lost Dreams.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I feel like Fraggle Rock is Jim Henson's magnum opus. You've got a blend of hand-operated Muppets, full-bodied Muppets, tiny radio-controlled Muppets, and humans all learning about how important they are to one another, even if they don't know it, along with some pretty groundbreaking techniques for the time. And it was even created with international audiences in mind, with some of them even producing localized content for the show a la Sesame Street, fitting perfectly with the overall theme of unity and commonality. It became fondly remembered by just about everyone in the world, most importantly of all children growing up in Soviet Russia, where it was one of the first American shows to be shown there.

Unfortunately, not too many Americans themselves got to see it at the time, being on a premium cable network at a time when cable just starting to get off the ground, but said network gave Jim a bigger budget and more creative control than broadcast TV ever could. He even got to end it the way he wanted it to, rather than risk it getting cut short or run on forever like certain other shows we know. All they had to go on was an animated series that was all right at best.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I want to based my own show on the two best kids shows of all time:Fraggle rock and bear and the big blue house. That actually taught children lessons that sesame wouldn't and would not talk to kids as if they had no brains

So thank you fraggle rock and happy birthday

theSHE124

Reaction score
Hmm...can't recall quickly if I wrote something 'bout this earlier. It's been a while too long perhaps...still, I dream of Fraggles occasionally and my own Fragglish stories still amaze those who have the rare chance to read the drafts. I'm thankful that my family showed us the Muppets at early ages.

Much more recently, my older sister gave birth to a redheaded boy last month. That makes my Dad a grandfather now, whistling Rainbow Connection to the gentle monthling. :smile:

And last Christmas, a writing friend of mine delivered a wonderful present: a black cloth bag painted with the Fraggle Five ( :smirk: :dreamy: :coy: :sigh: :excited:) like that DVD cover design for FRA. It's actually the perfect size to carry my runaway 7th journal. I've actually been notetaking my life before I joined MCF! As Doc once said, "Everyone should have a diary." :drool:

[For Erin Aardvark: my current avatar is based on Charlietheowl's ongoing fanfic--I wanted to see what Gonzo's Rocky Raccoon costume would be like. :concern:]