What sketches scared you as a kid?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I was watching the Sesame Street paperclip cartoon, and I do recall as a kid being a little weirded out by the little staple jumping into the stapler. Me being me, I thought it was trapped in there, especially with the way the sound echoed when he says "My mommy helps me!"

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
This is one I haven't mentioned yet.

The before/after cartoon with a chair being painted in the style of a rainforest.

I didn't know the music playing was "Watermelon Man", so it sounded to me like some weird African spiritual jungle music.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Okay, I've got a VERY interesting unidentified sketch for all the classic Sesame Street enthusiasts to help me figure out today. Although I personally don't remember this one in the least, it was something I recently heard about online. On the awesome website Kindertrauma, somebody mentioned a character (possibly Claymation) that scared them as a kid. (S)he wasn't sure whether they had dreamed it or not so it very well could be made up but if it exists, it is definitely something I'd want to see as stop motion has always intrigued me. The skit he mentioned was about a Claymation horse with skin the texture of the Pillsbury Dough Boy. It's head would react to things the way a dog would and it's tail would wag like a dog despite being a horse. I think that sounds like a very creative and funny concept so if this exists, please let me now. Great YouTube Poop material right here lol!

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Although it's not from SS, while we're on the topic of bizarre animations that used to terrify us. I was absolutely HORRIFIED of this weird Flash cartoon featuring Hello Kitty when I was young. It wasn't any official Hello Kitty fare but rather a fan made music video featuring some creepy Japanese song and disturbing imagery in addition to all the Hello Kitty references (Some of these things included Freddy Kreuger, extremely bloody realistic imagery, Harry Potter getting mauled by the Snitch, etc.). I have no doubt that it was made to be intentionally disturbing and despite featuring a cute character that is normally associated with innocence, definitely wasn't intended for kids at all. I'm surprised it wasn't really controversial considering little kids who are innocently looking up Hello Kitty stuff could easily find this clip and get scarred for life.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I'm sorry, you guys! I thought if you were scared of the surreal SS episode animation as a teen.

Now, do you remember the other skit?
I saw someone talking about it on Yesterdayland...

It was where Big Bird dreams that he's a six-inch-size canary and the two mean Muppets want him to be fed by a cat and suddenly, a LIVE cat arrives to eat Big Bird!

This did not scare me...but is anyone else scared of that as a kid???
Holy ******* *** crackers! Is that a real episode? That sounds like nothing short of nightmare fuel in it's purest form :concern:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Wow....that's absolutely mad. That must be from the ganja days of SS.
I know right! That is pretty disturbing but of course sometimes even the most innocent of kiddie shows will include creepy things that are out of place. Just look at "The Lion and the Bear" from Teletubbies. I'm a 19 year old man and that scene STILL haunts me to this day :eek:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Okay, I've got a VERY interesting unidentified sketch for all the classic Sesame Street enthusiasts to help me figure out today. Although I personally don't remember this one in the least, it was something I recently heard about online. On the awesome website Kindertrauma, somebody mentioned a character (possibly Claymation) that scared them as a kid. (S)he wasn't sure whether they had dreamed it or not so it very well could be made up but if it exists, it is definitely something I'd want to see as stop motion has always intrigued me. The skit he mentioned was about a Claymation horse with skin the texture of the Pillsbury Dough Boy. It's head would react to things the way a dog would and it's tail would wag like a dog despite being a horse. I think that sounds like a very creative and funny concept so if this exists, please let me now. Great YouTube Poop material right here lol!
Still no comments to help me solve this horse mystery. So I'm gonna assume it's not a real skit or was from a different show rather than SS. That is a shame because that clip sounded oddly funny to me.