Haven't been able to view site banner/videos in threads for about a week

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
the top banners are flash, and chrome is trying to discontinue flash by automatically blocking it. in fact a lot of browsers are now purposely forcing flash to be obsolete.

There should be a circle with an i in it on the left side of the url bar. click that and set flash to 'allow'

if that doesnt work then your adblock might be blocking things

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Yeah, it does this to me with the top banner sometimes. It's weird because sometimes it does it, sometimes not. :confused:

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
It's sad, because the banner is a bit of a relic, and it's really cool with all the automatically generated characters, but it is a thing of the past.

The videos on the other hand, I'm not sure of. Anytime someone links a YouTube video for me it just becomes invisible.

I don't have the "i" either. The banner I can live without, as all I have to enter is "muppetcentral.com/forum"; the videos are a bit problematic. I wonder if the site owner has considered an overhaul (since everything but the forum is pretty old); then again the forum is all you need.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
Adobe is actually discontinuing development of Flash by 2020, so that doesn't help the matter. Their Flash creator suite has since been renamed Animator, since it is still a popular tool for professional animation.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
the videos are weird because those arent flash. those are html5. you should be able to load those even without flash. I'm guessing this is an adblock problem. It might be blocking all types of embedded media.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
By using Chrome and doing what you guys said I was able to find out it's a problem with my security to the site; my browsers aren't trusting it. By messing around with the toolbar I can get the videos on Chrome, but not Safari.