The Sonic the Hedgehog Thread

ConsummateVs

Reaction score

mr3urious

Reaction score
Look at this!
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/sonic-hedgehog-movie-races-paramount-1044819
Turns out Sony lost the rights to the upcoming Sonic movie. I think that's a good thing, because looking at The Emoji Movie and the upcoming Peter Rabbit movie, they would probably screw it up with a bunch of fart jokes, outdated memes and "hip" slang, and overused pop culture references.
I'd say that's some nice karma from snatching the rights to a Smurfs movie from them. :smile:

DePingPong

Reaction score
Anyone kinda disappointed with Sonic Forces? It was good, not great. Very short, Classic Sonic wasn't needed. He did nothing story wise.

DePingPong

Reaction score
Sonic Mania Plus, with Mighty the Armadillo and Ray the Flying Squirell playable is so awesome.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
The more I read about the upcoming Sonic movie, the less hyped I get for it.

https://screenrant.com/sonic-hedgehog-movie-description-paramount/
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...og-movie-jim-carrey-dr-robotnik-a8424281.html

Sonic as a "juvenile delinquent" sounds interesting enough, and I could kinda see a buddy-cop movie working for Sonic (especially for Sonic and Knuckles or even Sonic and Shadow), but I'm just not really enthusiastic about this. So far, it seems like this is going to be another Alvin and the Chipmunks or Smurfs style movie where fictional characters are in the real world, which makes me worried that this is gonna suck. Plus, the director worked on that awful and utterly depressing Where the Wild Things Are movie.

And why cast Jim Carrey as Dr. Eggman? Mike Pollock is a great actor and I think most of us have come to know him as the Eggman, so I don't see why they can't just cast him. But I guess like a lot of kids movies these days, they just have to have celebrities do the voices.

So yeah, I've got a feeling that this movie is not gonna be so good. But then again, not all of the details have been revealed yet, so we'll just have to keep waiting for more.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I can see the thought process behind it. Jim Carrey is a popular name that can sell the movie, and he's happy enough that he can you know...ham it up like robotnik.

but from what i can tell, robotnik is NOT animated. Live actors can voice act, but voice actors cant always live act. It takes an entirely different set of skills to act with your body and not just your voice. It makes sense if robotnik is an actual human that they would cast someone whos a popular live actor, especially someone like jim carrey.

Uuunnnfortunately he also hasnt had a good track record when it comes to good movies.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
So, a poster for the movie was just released today, and... well...

...I'm speechless. I... I literally do not know what to say about this.