Most Obnoxious Fandoms

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Same with the Doctor Who fandom for me. Very nice and polite people.

(With the exception of the casting of the 13th Doctor last year. *shivers* It got ugly y'all. :smirk:)

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Those awful GoAnimate videos where they kill or torture characters from little kid shows. Why do people make things like that? It's just SO childish! It reminds me of back when I was in 2nd Grade and I thought it was "edgy" to make jokes about killing baby show characters but that's the thing, I was in SECOND GRADE. It's hard to believe that such a juvenile concept could ever get even remotely popular. Just because a character isn't intended for your age group doesn't mean they deserve to DIE!? Jeez, isn't that a bit harsh. If you don't like it.....don't watch it. That's all there is to it. Don't spend all of your precious time animating that character getting grounded or killed or beaten or whatever other fates GoAnimate characters often suffer.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Despite me being a longtime member of the fandom, I'm not too thrilled with some of the members of the Happy Tree Friends fandom. I'm talking about the ones who call Giggles a wh*re just because she has been shown dating various male characters. There are two problems with that. One, people break up. That's all there is to it. She's never been shown dating those characters more than one time and her relationship with Cuddles isn't even the slightest bit official. There was only one episode that showed them on a date the only other "romantic" scene between the two that shippers will often reference simply showed her pushing Cuddles on a swingset. Seriously!? That isn't romantic, it's something that little kids do all the time. Also, the show has little to continuity whatsoever. Attempting to canonize anything from a show where the main characters die and then come back on a regular basis makes no sense to me. It's like trying to canonize Looney Tunes, it's near impossible. So yeah, that sweet little chipmunk girl is NOT a wh*re. There has been absolutely no official source stating such a thing. I'm not just saying this because I like her, I'm saying this because it seems VERY sexist to judge a female character that way. Cuddles has been seen dating other girls but yet I've never heard anyone rant about that. It's because he's male and the people who make such claims about Giggles are probably sexists. The sexism in the HTF fandom is surprisingly more common than you would think. Another example is when this guy on Deviantart drew a few pictures of Giggles fat. It wasn't supposed to be a fetish thing, the artist stated that it was just an experiment to try out various body types. I thought the pictures really cool but of course, there was a bunch of people commenting about how she looks ugly this way and that the artist should feel ashamed for making a female character fat. Really!? That's about as offensive towards women as you can get. One last and final example (I'm not going to go on because the other two examples are giving me enough of a headache as is), would be the whole gender debate towards Flaky, one of the series's main character who also inspired my username in case you were wondering. So many fans would literally argue about how Flaky isn't attractive because she has no eyelashes and therefore she must be male. That is a serious eyeroller right there. Not every girl has long eyelashes you know.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Fans will twist anything and take anything out of context to fit their agendas

A lot of people shame female characters just because they somehow get in the way of their male/male ships.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I don't understand shipping shaming.

Look. I'm not a big fan of alot or fan shipping on DA mostly because I just think alot of them make the characters very ooc. But I'm not the type to bash on someone's pairing. If they like it, then good for them. :smirk:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
i think it has to do with peoples desperate need for 'representation' so they headcanon characters has gay/trans/whatever then get violently aggressive because you're taking their imaginary representation away.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As I've said time and time again, ridiculous ship wars is why I stopped shipping characters altogether. It gets stupid after a while - especially when it comes down to wars between canon shippers, mixed shippers, slash shippers, and shippers of Author Avatars with their favorite character (and no @LittleJerry92, I've never shipped myself with Jeanette, before you ask).

It ruined the fun of shipping, but honestly, as an adult (semi), I really don't see much point in shipping anymore anyway. There's the whole problem of how even when the couple you ship does get together, it automatically becomes "boring" anyway, because now there's no more conflict or tension between the two that keeps it interesting.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly, if I were to draw myself with a character, I would at least try to make it so it stays in character for both myself and whoever I'm drawing.

Though I don't really like to draw myself that much. :smirk: