Sesame Street Season 47 Episode 4728 - Bert and Ernie Make a Movie

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I have subchannels as well, but I could probably just as easily catch up On Demand, I just need to remember to do that.
So if you were able to catch this episode recently, could you share your thoughts?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well . . . it was fun to see Ernie and Bert in a street story again, and while I like the idea of the concept of them trying to make a movie, I felt the execution of the overall story was rushed and repetitive. It was amusing to see how Bert was apparently so inexperienced at imagination that he didn't know how to pretend to be a cowboy (which I found odd, given it was heavily implied in an old school insert that he likes playing cowboy) or a pirate. Nice little mythology gag of Elmo using his old EW camcorder to film the movie, but modifying it to make it look more like a more contemporary handycam.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Bert and Ernie Make a Movie" premieres on PBS this Monday March 12. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Definitely a good one. Nice to see a combo of Steve's and Billy's Ernies to compare and contrast the two voices. So that was Steve as :stick_out_tongue: in Great Adventures because it was in production before Steve left, just unaired until this ep came out, right? Just curious there.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Definitely a good one. Nice to see a combo of Steve's and Billy's Ernies to compare and contrast the two voices. So that was Steve as :stick_out_tongue: in Great Adventures because it was in production before Steve left, just unaired until this ep came out, right? Just curious there.
You got it!

It's a shame that there's still so many "Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures" that we haven't seen in the US yet. It would sure be nice if Sesame Workshop would add these unreleased segments on their YouTube channel at the very least.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. That would be nice. It seems like the season when those segments started they kept playing the same ones when there were still other unaired B&EGA segments. Hopefully we'll see more in the new episodes, especially with Peter voicing Ernie now. That would be neat to compare Pete's Ernie with Steve's.