What sketches scared you as a kid?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I remember as a little kid, one bit that used to kind of scare me a little bit...

It was an animated segment, but it was animated in a strange way... it was like colored sand or powder or something against a black background - it started out as a red and yellow letter B, then scattered into another frame, where the sand/powder formed itself into a buffalo, before returning to the letter B... all the while, this really ominous, creepy music played in the background.

The only other segment like that I remember featured pink and blue colored sand/powder that went from the letter B, to a large B, back to the letter B... that one was a lot more pleasant, mainly because unlike the buffalo one, it had cheerful, sea music playing in the background. So yeah, I liked the boat one, but the buffalo one did creep me out a little.

Reaction score
The "Monster in the Mirror" sketch where Grover is shown outside looking at his cartoonish reflection from the window kinda freaked me out only a little. Especially when the reflection grew large. As well as some other bits with Grover and his reflection in the sketch.

Ironically, a lot of sketches I remember seeing as a kid actually made me laugh rather than scared.

DreeRAWRScooter

Reaction score
I was always scared of the larger Muppets. Not so much of Sweetums and the hairy ones, but the Mutations and such. When I was a kid, the Muppets' eyes always freaked me out too. :embarrassed:

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Along those same lines (larger Muppets) Giant Animal in the Muppet Movie always freaked me out as a kid

GarlicGuy

Reaction score
My mom would always play me the Frog Prince and I would scream and cry when I saw Sweetums :embarrassed:

MeepMeepBork

Reaction score
I remember being a tad bit scared of Frazzle when I was little. He wasn't absolutely horrifying or anything, but he was a little freaky-looking.

DreeRAWRScooter

Reaction score
And Beaker. I don't know why but Beaker always used to scare me. Maybe because of the way his mouth opened. :eek:

Reaction score
Have any of those Muppet characters appeared in any Classic Sesame Street sketches, or have ever appeared on Sesame Street period? If so, then perhaps this isn't getting tat bit off the topic then.