The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
For me,

Mr. Hooper's death, and "It's Time for Saying Goodbye."

I seriously wanted to bawl my eyes out the first time I watched The Muppets Take Manhatten as a kid. I rarely watched that movie because of that song..... Probably also because I had really bad abandonment issues.

I also felt really bad for Ernie in the skit where he pretends Bert's still with him (the additional music in season 25 actually made it more emotional for me), but it at least ended on a good note when he realizes he'll be back the next day. Again, probably because of my abandonment issues.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
For some reason, I had issues with the Java sketch when I first saw it back when I was 4 or 5 years old. I didn't like it because the bigger Java got away with bullying the other one without any consequences. I thought that may have went a bit too far at the time and it depressed me a little although know I think it's hilarious and definitely deserves to be considered a Muppet classic. Also Crystal Gayle singing "We Must Believe in Magic" was one of the songs that always gave me emotional tears growing up. The lyrics, the atmosphere, Crystal's beautiful voice, all those things combined made the sketch a very heartwrenching one for me.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
The scene from the Dyane Canon episode where she adopts the little brown dog and starts singing to it always made me emotionally cry due to the overly cute and heartwarming feel the sketch had.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I know that some of the ones I posted as tearjerking may sound a bit silly in retrospect but personally, I'm always someone who has gotten emotional/sad due to shows that most wouldn't consider to be sad in the least and I don't care who knows. In addition to Muppets and Sesame Street, The Simpsons is another unusual source that provided me with a lot of tear jerking/emotional scenes.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'll admit,

I haven't mentioned it on this thread, but I always found Herry Monster's mom having an emotional breakdown from the reward she received from her son and how proud she was of him in the Monster Hits VHS pretty emotional. Probably because of how sweet the moment was.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'll actually admit,

Not hugely tear-jerking but definitely got emotional vibes from both "Rainbow Connection" and "Never Before, and Never Again."

Probably cause the first felt like a mixture of sadness/joy and the latter was just pretty sweet (seeing Kermit and Piggy on the car with the "Just married" sign and the heart closing in).

On the subject of the latter - I'm amazed Frank was able to pull off such high notes at the end.

cjd874

Reaction score
I'll actually admit,

Not hugely tear-jerking but definitely got emotional vibes from both "Rainbow Connection" and "Never Before, and Never Again."

Probably cause the first felt like a mixture of sadness/joy and the latter was just pretty sweet (seeing Kermit and Piggy on the car with the "Just married" sign and the heart closing in).

On the subject of the latter - I'm amazed Frank was able to pull off such high notes at the end.
"Rainbow Connection" is definitely an emotional song...it's Kermit longing for something missing in his life. A deep, deep song. I feel the same way about "Never Before, Never Again" because Miss Piggy sees her entire future in that moment when she sees Kermit. That entire slow-motion sequence is filmed beautifully too, which adds to the emotional component even more.

In his recent ToughPigs interview, Frank says that he didn't hold out the high note all in one take. The recording crew spliced together a couple of takes of the note instead.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Not sure where else to post this at...

Honestly, I find the original version of "Me and my Chair" to be kind of a tear jerker. It's just so sweet how it portrays handicapped kids in a positive light.