Disney Muppet Babies Season 1 Episode 2 - Fly South / Hatastrophe

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 2 - Fly South; Hatastrophe
Disney Channel Premiere: Friday March 23, 2018

Kermit accidentally lets Fozzie's favorite propeller hat fly into a neighbor's yard; Gonzo tries to keep his bird friends from flying south for the winter.

If you've seen "Fly South / Hatastrophe", please like this post and share your thoughts below.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Episode 2 was odd given that it had :sleep::boo: laughing at :embarrassed: jokes which that by itself is a rarity indeed to see on TV.

Fly South sort of explains of :concern: and his new poultry pals which is a nice nod/increase to the original Camelia Stuff chicken from the original animated series.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"Hatastrophe" including guest appearances by Statler and Waldorf was not only fun, but also very reminiscent of the original series well, where they were occasionally dropping by as the friendly uncles. Here, they appear to be your typical nosy next door neighbors, and although they still maintain a level of their old-age grumpiness, they're still mostly friendly to the Babies, and like mbmfrog mentioned, even laugh at Fozzie's jokes. That, and the lesson of the friendship between Kermit and Fozzie means more than Fozzie having his favorite hat was executed nicely. I loved the Imagine Spot of the Babies trying to sneak through Statler and Waldorf's yard in a black-op spy manner.

"Fly South," like "Animal Fly Airplane," was pretty predictable . . . I just knew by episode's end that Camilla and the Chicks' "special trip" would be them flying south for the winter, and that Gonzo was getting himself worked up over nothing - but it was still amusing to see Gonzo's different tactics to prevent them from seemingly flying south for the winter, such as building a set of wings to try to fly with them, to trying to bring a tropical beach to them via another Imagine Spot. I do think it's interesting that they touch on the others having left family behind that they still miss, such as Kermit leaving family behind in the swamp, or Summer leaving family behind in the south pole.

snichols1973

Reaction score
In "Hatastrophe", two of the statues in Statler and Waldorf's yard resemble Behemoth and one of the Frackles...

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I like how Statler and Waldorf in this series like the jokes that Fozzie tells. I like how this version of Camilla is an actual chick as opposed to the original series where she was just a toy.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I like how Statler and Waldorf in this series like the jokes that Fozzie tells. I like how this version of Camilla is an actual chick as opposed to the original series where she was just a toy.
Funny I kind of like the old Toy Camilla, but I can understand the usage of the real one and the various chicks.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Some of the voices are good, others are tolerable. Gonzo's voice reminds me a lot of what Dave Goelz's Gonzo voice sounded like in the beginning before he grew into it over the years.

And something about Summer's voice has a slighty Cree Summer vibe to it, almost like Susie Carmichael to an extent.

mr3urious

Reaction score
It was awesome seeing Statler & Waldorf as neighbors rather than the older caretakers showing the babies what life was like in the old days, and getting some heckling in, albeit in a kindler and gentler fashion given their age. Also interesting to see Camilla as a live chicken rather than the stuffed animal she was in the original series, along with two others, one of which makes car horn sounds for some reason. I guess Miss Nanny prefers free-range eggs.