You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So here's another observation I've had for a little while now:

A lot of really old movies have been preserved really, really well, and look remarkable on DVD, this go for movies that date back to the "Golden Age" of cinema, all the way up through the 70s . . . but, for some reason, a lot of movies from the late 70s up through the 90s look pretty poor even on DVD. I don't really know how to describe, but it's like the overall picture quality is low: colors seem too dark, contrast seems too strong, the picture has a slighty blurriness/fuzziness to it with too much grain/noise. I don't know if it was the cameras that were in use during the time, or if it has something to do with the digitizing process, or what, but it's very noticeable.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Ever notice how nowadays when a parent actually disciplines their child properly, it's "child abuse" and "being overprotective", but spoiling their kid is pretty much okay?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No . . . whichever thread it was where we were discussing that woman that dumped a bucket of popcorn on an unruly toddler in a movie theater. I think.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Ever notice how those annoying Christian parents seem to have an issue with gay Disney couples yet seem to be fine with beastiality?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Because there is no beastiality in Disney. The prince was cursed to be a beast, and only his true love could break the curse to turn him back into a handsome prince . . . Belle was the true love, and her love broke his curse and turned him back into a handsome prince.

I mean, yeah, okay, I know people are using this rebuttal to get these religious fanatics to realize how irrational their whining is, but really.

If anything, the Chipmunk franchise has been "promoting beastiality" for decades with Alvin flirting with girls all the time, as Brittany does boys, and yet people are more upset about certain outfits The Chipettes have worn (such as those harem snake charming outfits).

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
If anything, the Chipmunk franchise has been "promoting beastiality" for decades with Alvin flirting with girls all the time, as Brittany does boys,
Yeesh, now i'm just imagining what it would be like in real life if one of those giant, mutant, talking rodents were flirting with a child. I know they're just cartoons, but the most recent show has made it all the more real.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
You ever notice how on TV and movies, the school bully is almost always fat, when in real life the fat kid is usually the one getting picked on?