The Old Cartoon Network Thread

Erine81981

Reaction score
You know what I miss? Launch Cartoon Network. Now, I didn't have cable until recently, and I didn't know anyone else that had that network (remember, it used to be very hard to find because of regional cable venues), but if there's one thing I miss it's this.

Getting 90's kids to give a crap about the likes of Wally Gator and Magilla Gorilla via the odd network merchandising push. There were odd little kid's meal promotions with characters besides Yogi, Fred Flintstone, and Scooby. Then there was the Warner Bros store HB bean bags featuring obscure characters only true HB fans would bother with, like Squiddly Diddly. All before it turned into the 24/7 Scooby-Doo network for a while. It's surreal. We don't usually see retro merchandise of retro characters aimed to kids, unless the characters are that well known. When it comes to HB characters, you'll rarely see anything outside of Scooby-Doo, the Flintstones, or maybe Yogi Bear now (and pretty much anything outside of Scooby-Doo is rare in and of itself).
I agree with you TOTALLY! That's what I loved about CN back in the day. Was the older HB shows that they would air. It's what got me back into the older HB stuff. I was already a big old fan of Flintstones, Jetsons, Scooby Doo (if you know me I LOVE me some Scooby Doo) but I too was into Yogi, Huckleberry, Quick Draw and many of the older shorts too. Even Tom and Jerry were there too. Now I understand they have the Boomerang App but I want to see them ON TV not some computer screen, phone or tablet. I WANT MY TV to be shown older HB shows. That's what I miss. But I understand things have to change in order to keep the channel or just about anything going so I'm just glad there are others who have older recordings to trade with to have the older stuff preserved.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Old message, but to be honest, I only agree with My Gym Partner's A Monkey, Ben 10 and Johnny Test being in there.

Everything else minus Fanboy and Chumchum which is a Nick show is fine with me.
My favorite shows from each era:
The Golden Age: Johnny Bravo, Powerpuff Girls, Ed, Edd n' Eddy, Dexter's Laboratory, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Samurai Jack

Decline-CN Real (2004-2009): Camp Lazlo, Codename Kids Next Door, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Chowder

Revival (2010-present): Adventure Time (mostly the first four seasons), Steven Universe, The Amazing World of Gumball, Clarence (it's had it's ups and downs, but the characters have stayed themselves throughout and I love slice of life shows).